• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you do to your vehicle lately?

My car is under the diesel recall, so I can have a buyback. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car otherwise but since I'm getting 25k for it, I'm taking it.

Yeah, can't beat that! What's on your radar?

I saw that on Jalopnik a few days ago. Also saw it on a regular news site. Biggest bit of victim blaming I've ever read. So many comments like, "What does anyone need a $300K car for?", and "That's what you get for parking a Ferrari on the street to go in for coffee"...

First: Fuck you. Second: It was at a Cars And Coffee event -- a car show. I hate people.

I saw a 458 Italia at the museum about a year ago. I don't know whose it was, but they were working with our Marketing folks to use our tower and airplanes for a photo shoot. It's a sexy, sexy machine.

Just made a deal on a new used truck. Ram 1500 sport crew cab, 2014 with 10k miles on it. Pick it up tomorrow.

Changed the brakes on both vehicles, first time doing that. Spent a total of $60 and probably saved $250.

Been fighting with my battery connections for a few days. Too much corrosion to swap out, and the wire has no service slack.
This type has the wires terminated in terminal lugs, and you put a new connector on with a bolt and wing nut. Cheesy as hell stamped metal.
Can't get it tight enough on the battery terminal, so I'm trying to figure out best way to cut it off without damaging the terminal lug on the wire.
No gaps for a saw, too tight a space to drill. I'm thinking cutting the wing nut, but we'll see...my back is a mess. Might be better off bringing it to
my mechanic and see what he says. In the meantime, I inserted a short fat screw into the gap between the terminal and the connectors bolt. Nice and tight now.
My buddy says leave it, but I'm too damned anal. Did put some dielectric grease on the screw for corrosion control (dissimilar metals)

Been fighting with my battery connections for a few days. Too much corrosion to swap out, and the wire has no service slack.
This type has the wires terminated in terminal lugs, and you put a new connector on with a bolt and wing nut. Cheesy as hell stamped metal.
Can't get it tight enough on the battery terminal, so I'm trying to figure out best way to cut it off without damaging the terminal lug on the wire.
No gaps for a saw, too tight a space to drill. I'm thinking cutting the wing nut, but we'll see...my back is a mess. Might be better off bringing it to
my mechanic and see what he says. In the meantime, I inserted a short fat screw into the gap between the terminal and the connectors bolt. Nice and tight now.
My buddy says leave it, but I'm too damned anal. Did put some dielectric grease on the screw for corrosion control (dissimilar metals)

Year, make, model?
I'll do some digging/sleuthing for ya.

Year, make, model?
I'll do some digging/sleuthing for ya.
1999 SLE Solara. Rust breaker ain't doing shit either. I'd try mix of Acetone and ATF, but too much plastic in the engine compartment, including the battery.

1999 SLE Solara. Rust breaker ain't doing shit either. I'd try mix of Acetone and ATF, but too much plastic in the engine compartment, including the battery.

Both terminals?

Do a google for "trademotion Toyota"

Positive side is number 7 & 11
Negative side is number 8 & 10

If they are that nasty, consider replacing the cable and the terminal.
IMG_20161019_141318.jpg IMG_20161019_141202.jpg

Both terminals?
Just the positive. Thanks for finding that IPB. I couldn't find one.

eta:
I have 7. I might have to replace 11. Looks like it would be too hard for me, as I'd have to get under the car, which is a no go with my back. Under 40 bucks for the cable assy isn't bad. I was thinking they'd stiff me for over 100.

eta:
I have 7. I might have to replace 11. Looks like it would be too hard for me, as I'd have to get under the car, which is a no go with my back. Under 40 bucks for the cable assy isn't bad. I was thinking they'd stiff me for over 100.

Tademotion is my go to for Toyota OEM parts.

eta:

Any updates?

Any updates?
Right now I have it "rigged". I.e., I took a short, fat, screw and screwed it into the gap between the post and where the clamp's bolt and nut are. Works like a champ.
The stock clamp is garbage and creates a lot of galvanic corrosion. I coated everything with dielectric grease to slow that down. I figure I'll get a new cable when I need a new battery, and replace the crappy clamp with a heavy lead clamp.

Right now I have it "rigged". I.e., I took a short, fat, screw and screwed it into the gap between the post and where the clamp's bolt and nut are. Works like a champ.
The stock clamp is garbage and creates a lot of galvanic corrosion. I coated everything with dielectric grease to slow that down. I figure I'll get a new cable when I need a new battery, and replace the crappy clamp with a heavy lead clamp.

Duct tape and bailing wire with a dash of ingenuity keep the world from coming apart. :D