• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

image.jpeg While I have this vinyl in my basement crates. I'm currently enjoying the remastered digital format streamed at hifi cd quality. I need to pick up a turntable again.

LMF429-45.jpg

45 rpm.

Doc

LMF429-45.jpg

45 rpm.

Doc
Just added this to my listening library. Compared the original to remastered for 1st track, the only noticeable difference, remastered has cleaner sounding vocals and guitar strings. But that's while listening on an iPhone 6 with earbuds using Tidal, hi fi CD quality streaming.

I was never really impressed with the original Grateful Dead recordings. I'll have to check that out.
I always thought they were pretty cool for letting folks record at their concerts. I've even heard of some folks being allowed to hook into the mixing board, but have never seen it done.

I was never really impressed with the original Grateful Dead recordings. I'll have to check that out.
I always thought they were pretty cool for letting folks record at their concerts. I've even heard of some folks being allowed to hook into the mixing board, but have never seen it done.

We had a fella on the forum who had connections to the Dead. He gave me a recording of a concert that he made. I passed it on to AVB, who's a much bigger fan than I am. Maybe he'll comment.

Doc

Just added this to my listening library. Compared the original to remastered for 1st track, the only noticeable difference, remastered has cleaner sounding vocals and guitar strings. But that's while listening on an iPhone 6 with earbuds using Tidal, hi fi CD quality streaming.
Only noticed difference? Seems like quite a bit to me.

Doc

We had a fella on the forum who had connections to the Dead.
I found out about the recording and mixing from a young engineer deadhead I worked with, many years ago. (I sort of hooked him on higher end stereo) He had hundreds, of recordings. Quite a culture around those recordings, and a lot of trading concert recordings, etc. Pretty cool. (he was using Digital Audio Tape)
I saw the Dead in the late 70s, at the Meadowlands. I want to say they played 4 hours. Willie Nelson opened. Great concert.

Heard this on the radio coming back from work and was pretty blown away. So much so that I hunted the song down and downloaded the album (which I'll be listening to tomorrow at work).