• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

I found out about the recording and mixing from a young engineer deadhead I worked with, many years ago. (I sort of hooked him on higher end stereo) He had hundreds, of recordings. Quite a culture around those recordings, and a lot of trading concert recordings, etc. Pretty cool. (he was using Digital Audio Tape)
I saw the Dead in the late 70s, at the Meadowlands. I want to say they played 4 hours. Willie Nelson opened. Great concert.

I sometimes think I was meant to be born at a time, where I could enjoy the "classic rock" era and the concerts.

005042493_500.jpg

Worth a listen.

Doc

All I get is a damn broken link image. What you listening to?

I sometimes think I was meant to be born at a time, where I could enjoy the "classic rock" era and the concerts.
That's interesting. My son (he's 12) loves classic rock too. At one point in life, I thought I might just be bias, or that it was just because it was what I loved as a teen, which sticks. Older I get, and more I see, I realize it was just that good.
I do feel fortunate that I was able to see a lot of my favorites live.

Taking Back Sunday....

Going back to 2004 for a little Screamo-Punk

Fleetwood_Mac_-_The_Dance.jpg

I'd forgotten how much I liked this band. Mick Fleetwood will never be known as an innovator among drummers. He's no Steve Gadd, but he has a wonderful style that fits. Tidal Streaming.

Doc

As said earlier, I'm late to the CCR/Cody Canada and The Departed party. I've been digging this a lot lately. He's got an amazing low-gain PRS/AC30 guitar tone.

I also have a freedom boner for a Hudson Hornet, now...

Got on a folk kick last night, and it continues this a.m.
Right now looking for old Pete Seeger performances:

We had a fella on the forum who had connections to the Dead. He gave me a recording of a concert that he made. I passed it on to AVB, who's a much bigger fan than I am. Maybe he'll comment.

Doc
The MoFi remastered were the best you could get on wax but the latest version done for the Golden Road Box Set (which is really the 2001 Rhino Remaster) is the one to have if the best sonics is your goal.

1972 original on Spindizzy records
NILS-LOFGREN-GRIN-1+1.jpg