• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

folder.jpg

2016 RSD issue

Doc

Doc's post created an itch that I had to scratch. This box set pretty much covers all the odd and hard to find stuff along with a goodly portion of their four album studio output. If you have this and the You can Make Me Dance, Sing Or Anything box set you'll have the entire released output with about 24 duplicates between the two sets.
0081227823320.jpg

Live at UC Santa Cruz 1990
0496075deeb8e491b706d721967b10fa.jpg

You can listen on boobtube here

Spinning "Pure Prairie League".
A very old friend reminded of a concert a whole crew of us attended back in the 70's.
Pablo Cruz opened for Pure Prairie League. It was one of those days you never forget.
A perfect example of my partially "misspent" younger years. (i.e., we had a blast)
I've always really liked this song. (I'm a sucker for "odes" and country rock)

Playing Frampton Comes Alive. My son asked me about some of the iconic "pop" songs of the 70s.
When he heard the "talk box" he wanted to see what it was. Found this video. It's a lot of fun if you're a fan.
Audley Freed give a pretty good solo too.
What made me laugh was after he played the song a good 10 times, that night, brushing his teeth with his electric toothbrush,
he gave me a "talk box" performance with the toothbrush. Funny kid.

61yx9yunZuL._SX300_.jpg

Stefan Grossman, another one of those guitar players that rarely gets mentioned. A graduate of the MacDougal St. School of Music.;)

Doc

R-1610807-1297958831.jpeg.jpg

I was not pleased, when I bought this record on its release in 1968. It's overproduced and was not the Tom Rush I was expecting. It has since become a Stereophile Record to Die For. Who knew? Anyway, I own a first pressing and pretty damn well recorded album...even though it is overproduced.

Doc

sx4nzmnmm4mmnp41-set9i2kxm3qlqe717ego56yxj8.jpeg

Pretty good, if you like this sort of thing.

Doc

Digital Download
Springsteen The River Tour 2016
BS.jpg

Hugh Masekela - The Lasting Impressions Of Ooga Booga
Tal Farlow - The Return Of Tal Farlow/1969
Julian Lage - Arclight

One of the most ....shall I say.....energetic concerts I've ever been to was in February of 1981 at the Stardust in Hollywood. Black Flag, Fear, Circle Jerks, China White & The Minutemen. How's that for a lineup! This album didn't come out until nine months later. An original 1st pressing on SST. Just something to kickstart your heart in ways that Motley Crue never imagined.
Black_Flag_-_Damaged_cover.jpg