• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

I read yesterday that Chuck Berry, who is turning 90, is releasing his first album in 38 yrs. I suppose I have to have it. Anyone else buying it?

Doc
I bought John Lee Hooker's last album and he was about the same age. I suppose I will do the same for Chuck Berry, the guy damn near invented rock and roll.

51mvTdW8gfL.jpg

Playing in Londonderry this Sunday night. Still tickets available. If I can get an aisle seat, I might go.

Doc

You're all wrong. The father of Rock and Roll is Little Richard. Just ask him.:cool: The mother was Big Mama Thornton. Elvis stole from them repeatedly.

Doc

I'll give Little Richard his due, he's done some awesome stuff. Along with The Killer and many more. Elvis is way down that list, IMO. As good as he was.

Gotta vote for Ike Turner. Rocket 88 is all you need to know.

This guy and his brother were certainly in the immediate family too.

41EHWKFSP0L.jpg

RSD release. If it wasn't for her, there be no Janis Joplin. "She sings like I feel", Thornton once said. Because she received no royalties for "Ball and Chain", Joplin hired her to open for her.

Doc

Last edited:
Just didn't seem your style.

Now more from the musical center of the universe.
MI0003350549.jpg

Doc