• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your glass? 2015

A glass of Vintage Rye 23 to go with a prime grade Ribeye.  Yum.

Batch no or year on the bottle? Has it been open and was it sitting in your cabinet/shelf? I ask because the batches seem to vary. Some BOTL have stated that it's hyped up and there are better Colorado brown spirits. Its also been stated that when there's a particularly good batch it's ON. I has a bottle that was meh, then after it was opened and Ignored about a year, it was sonething different and vastly improved.

I don't remember the batch number but the bar I went to did not have it there the last time I went and the fill looked like it only had one pull taken from it.  You are right though about batches being highly variable, especially from a craft distiller.  I do know it was distilled in 2012 so at best it was three years old.  It did drink like an eight year old though.

Morning coffee with yes, a shot of Bourbon cream from Buffalo Trace.  Hmmm good touch to the morning coffee on a holiday weekend.

rye-thumb.png

I hadn't had it in a while so i thought I would have a taste of the original Jack Daniels. I'm good not having that again for a while.

Scored a bottle of Elmer T Lee earlier tonight. Had a wee sip, very nice indeed

The liquor store in my town was finally allowed to sell Eagle Rare again.  I may have fist pumped and shouted out when I saw it on the shelf.  Just prior to that I was sipping Lexington Bourbon (which was not the greatest)

Been awhile since I have had a nice smokey Islay, so reached for the Ardbeg Corryvrecken.  Had this bottle for going on 3 years now and still enjoy.

oke&coke said:
Been awhile since I have had a nice smokey Islay, so reached for the Ardbeg Corryvrecken.  Had this bottle for going on 3 years now and still enjoy.
I'm impressed that it has lasted 3 years!

jbfurdog said:
You haven't seen my liquor cabinet then. Take a gander at my gallery.

oke&coke said:

You haven't seen my liquor cabinet then. Take a gander at my gallery.

I see! very nice selection!

oke&coke said:
Very nice. Ardbeg is my favorite distillery by far.

oke&coke said:

Almost that time of year for me to move to the Islays (and Ryes, and Porters/Stouts) myself.