• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now? 2013

Now some Elmer T Lee much better

Mitchers Single Barrel Rye.  Been a while since I have had a good rye in my glass.

Johnnie Walker Gold.  The real one, not the imitation Gold Label Reserve.

Over the last couple days I had a few I've been wanting to try for awhile...

Four roses marriage
Old rip van winkle 10
Elmer t lee
Bookers 25th
Four roses private selection OBSO
Basil Hayden
Eagle rare 10

BigJake6904 said:
Over the last couple days I had a few I've been wanting to try for awhile...

Four roses marriage
Old rip van winkle 10
Elmer t lee
Bookers 25th
Four roses private selection OBSO
Basil Hayden
Eagle rare 10
Excellent line up there Jake.   If you don't mind me asking what where the stand outs?  Most interested in hearing your thouhgts on the Bookers 25th and the 4R Marriage. 

Thanks,

I loved them both. Drank both Neat. Bookers is a little on the strong side but it was so great I went and bought a bottle the next day. I would've done the same with the marriage but obviously you can't find it anymore. The Whisky bar had two pours left in their last bottle and it was one of the smoothest bourbons I've ever had. 

I was able to score a bottle of Blantons Gold and Jim Beam Distillers Masterpiece today. The shop I bought them from let me try the gold complimentary from a bottle they had in their "tasting area." Given you can't buy the Gold in the US, I was surprised they had 30 bottles in the back they stockpiled from a shop in the UK that they trade geographically limited whisky with...

While the Jim isn't in the glass yet...it will be very, very soon. Scored 1 of 12 bottle allocated to the state of Louisiana.  :rolleyes:

BigJake6904 said:
The Whisky bar had two pours left in their last bottle and it was one of the smoothest bourbons I've ever had. 

410670960.jpg

Last night I had a Nikka Takestsuru Pure Malt 12yo, this was a silver medal winner at ISC2013. I reminded me how good a nice single malt can be and why I really like this company. I first had Nikka's Yoichi in 2005 and have been jonesing for it since. Don't judge me me for drinking it out of wine glass neat, all my glassware is still in the Florida.

ETA pictures
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12337]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12336]

How did you like the Hibiki? I liked the Nikka whiskeys better than Suntory, when I had them.

I enjoyed the Hibiki...very, very smooth. So smooth in fact that it was pretty one dimensional, although, I did still enjoy it. I can't compare to Nikka because this is my first experience with Japanese whiskey. 

I think I saw Nikka at the Smith St. Spec's, but I'm not entirely sure. I get my hands on several varieties of Nikka here, as well as Suntory.

Just made a nice hot double cappuccino to chase away this cold, rainy day. 

In a little over 2 hours...I'm cracking open a new bottle of Highland Park 18yo. 

khari said:
Highland Park 18 is great stuff. Enjoy Gary.
Yup X100,

HP 18 was the first whisky I really became enamored with.  That was back in the day when I could get them for $58 per bottle.  Then Michael Jackson went and let the cat out of the bag and declared it the #1 spirit in the world. The price has been going up ever since.  I still love the stuff but,  its hard for be to pay $120 a bottle when I was buying it for half that 10 years ago.  

Jake,  Thanks for the notes on the Bookers and Marriage.  I have a bottle of Booker's 25 in the bunker would have bought more looking back but, 100 bones for a 10yo seemed a bit much at the time. I had a bottle of Marriage from 2011 and 13 and they were some of my favorites.  Glad to hear the they are still top notch.  

Rough day in Hawaii Nei.  Ardbeg Alligator to go with my RyJ.  Been too long since I had a pour of this.

Weller SR.  Nothing beats a nice wheated bourbon.

Just realized this thread is from 2013.  Lets start a new one.