• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working my way through a tin of Christmas Cheer 2011. This is definitely a good one. I'll have to pick up a few more tins for the cellar before they disappear.

Been working my way through a tin of Christmas Cheer 2011. This is definitely a good one. I'll have to pick up a few more tins for the cellar before they disappear.
Glad to hear it. Next order I'll get e few.

I packed the GBD Brunette with '08 Drama Reserve yesterday. One of the more subtle of the Grand Orientals by McClelland.

Love it!

Glad to hear it. Next order I'll get e few.

I packed the GBD Brunette with '08 Drama Reserve yesterday. One of the more subtle of the Grand Orientals by McClelland.

Love it!

That Drama Reserve was outstanding...I really enjoyed the bit you sent me!

Today I had SG Navy Flake. Still trying to completely figure out the fold and stuff method...Too many relights, and even let it dry for an hour beforehand...

Me being a big McLellend fan lately I haven't heard of this Drama of which you speak. I may have to look for some. (typing as I'm having some tasty Christmas Cheer '09)

EMP in the bowl today. Good, but a little on the mild side for me, and slightly floral...

Smoking a bowl of McClelland FrogMorton On The Bayou in my favorite Savinelli! Also drinking a cup of Community Coffee!

I cracked open my first tin of G.L. Pease Westminster. Smoked 2 bowls, actually. I like it so far. I saw that a lot of folks had listed it as a desert Island blend, so I figured I might as well try it. I like how it develops in the bowl.
Will probably smoke it everyday until I get ready to order more tobacco, then possibly get a 16oz tin.

Question: Do you folks lend any credance to the 2 oz tins being better quality than the 16 oz tins? I have heard this a few times, and would like to know if there is anything to it. Seems a bit out there, but hey, you never know.

Been in a bit of an English mood so I set aside the Christmas Cheer to revisit an open tin of Peterson's Old Dublin.

Question: Do you folks lend any credance to the 2 oz tins being better quality than the 16 oz tins? I have heard this a few times, and would like to know if there is anything to it. Seems a bit out there, but hey, you never know.

The traditional logic was that the larger quantities were actually better quality, but that hearkens back to the days of the pouch vs. tub arguments when Prince Albert and Carter Hall reined supreme. I personally think if you're ordering from blenders like GL Pease, C&D, and that ilk there will be no difference what-so-ever. The only exception being McClellands. They go out of their way to rename bulks and there does appear to be a slight favoring of the tins to the bulk, but the bulk is still very good and worth purchasing.

Long story short, it wouldn't concern me. I buy in bulk and pack in mason jars as much as possible.

A bit of C&D Star of the East today. Was feeling the need for some smoky latakia english for this cold, rainy day. Perfect bowl today too!!

Just receieved my order of Boswell's Christmas Cookie. So good I had to have two bowls of it. Tomorrow will try the No Bite Delight.

Gosh, with all this talk of Penzance, I just had to have a bowl today. So delicious.

Three Oaks Syrian. I've been on a heavy Latakia Kick Lately.
I also had a bowl of C&D Briar Fox which I like in the mornings.

Well, this was actually Saturday night, but I smoked some Penzance gifted to me by Billy. Enjoyed it! Had a very pungent aroma that reminded me of black tea. Even a buddy of mine who doesn't smoke cigars or pipes commented that he liked the aroma. Thanks again, Billy!

Well, this was actually Saturday night, but I smoked some Penzance gifted to me by Billy. Enjoyed it! Had a very pungent aroma that reminded me of black tea. Even a buddy of mine who doesn't smoke cigars or pipes commented that he liked the aroma. Thanks again, Billy!

You're welcome Jeff. Glad you enjoyed it!

My first pipe and tobacco order arrived today, so I sampled Presbyterian (I had to, as I am one) and Frog Morton in my new Missouri Meerschaum. They were so much better than the crappy aromatic that my brother-in-law had left at his place, and much more flavorful than the Prince Albert and Carter Hall that were the only things I could find locally to try. I'll have to start branching out and trying some more things - I think I'll be giving Boswell's a call and getting an ounce of a bunch of different blends.

Smoked my first bowl of Orlik Golden Sliced today. Very good Virginia flake. Burned a little warm, but overall was a tasty smoke! Very sweet on the palate.

A just standout bowl of Nightcap today! Burned beautifully, and tasted exceptional in this chilly 80 degree December day in SoCal...

Status
Not open for further replies.