• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

I ordered two tins of Christmas Cheer 07 and one tin of Full Virginia Flake from 4noggins. I'm beginning my cellar, it's pretty exciting.

Some more Dunhills to try - 965 and Light Virginia Flake

Doc, how would you describe the Oriental Samsun?

Steve
I've only had a couple of bowls. Too early to tell. It's not one of those blends that shouts, buy more.

Doc.

I picked up a tin of McClelland Anniversary at The Outlaw Saturday. It's a blend of Virginias and Latakia. It may be a little while before I crack it open, but it will be VERY good, I'm sure. They stopped making it in 2005. :whistling:

Yesterday I bought some squadron leader and CAO Old Ironsides. IDK about the SL but the CAO is some good stuff.

The Dunhill 967 came today and I immediately packed a bowl. WOW - Stevie likes!

Similar in flavor to Nightcap but more nutty and a bit stronger. Like Nightcap, it has almost no bite and burns perfect right to the bottom. Perfect moisture content.

One is heading out to Dan tomorrow with a tag-along or two. ;)

Steve

The Dunhill 967 came today and I immediately packed a bowl. WOW - Stevie likes!

Similar in flavor to Nightcap but more nutty and a bit stronger. Like Nightcap, it has almost no bite and burns perfect right to the bottom. Perfect moisture content.

One is heading out to Dan tomorrow with a tag-along or two. ;)

Steve
Is that 965? I've never heard of 967. Maybe it's two steps better than 965. :D

If it's 965, it is very good. I like it better than Nightcap.

I'm still working with JM Boswell on my birthday pipe. It's not quite right, but it will be amazing once it's finished. By the way, they're updating their site tomorrow. :whistling:

I'm still working with JM Boswell on my birthday pipe. It's not quite right, but it will be amazing once it's finished. By the way, they're updating their site tomorrow. :whistling:

And I'm off tomorrow... :whistling: :D

Forgot to add what I got in with Alan's stuff. D'oh!

Mac Baren Black Ambrosia

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe

Yes, you caught that typo. ;)

I still like it, whatever it's called. I got a chance to try the other tin I bought - Dunhill Light Flake Virginia. Also enjoyed it. Both of these were easy on the bite wit great flavor.

Yes, you caught that typo. ;)

I still like it, whatever it's called. I got a chance to try the other tin I bought - Dunhill Light Flake Virginia. Also enjoyed it. Both of these were easy on the bite wit great flavor.
I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a new blend I was missing out on. :)

I picked a really nice new Mastro de Paja bent sandblast for a really good buy on ebay. It feels nice in the hand- big, but not giant. Its my first Mastro de Paja, I'm impressed so far, but I still need to break it in a bit.

For tobacco, I picked up some McClelland Bombay Extra and McClelland British Woods- both really interesting blends. The Bombay Extra is an Oriental mixture with Virginias, Perique, and Latakia. The British Woods is really tasty- Latakia, Macedonian, and virginia.

Here is my new pipe...
e4e2_12.JPG

The pipe above is really good looking.

Yesterday, I bought 8 oz. of Exotique from Smoker's Haven--it has more Latakia (Cyprian) and orientals than their Our Best Blend (which has Syrian Latakia and more Virginias). Excellent one-two punch.

While there the owner gave me a sample of GBD tobacco from the 1950s. Somehow they still have about a half pound left. It has a cognac aroma to it. I'd had just read a reference to GBD tobacco in one of Hacker's books and now I can try some. I wonder what a 50 year old tobacco will be like. It was still moist.

I'm going to let my palate rest a bit before trying it.

The pipe above is really good looking.

Yesterday, I bought 8 oz. of Exotique from Smoker's Haven--it has more Latakia (Cyprian) and orientals than their Our Best Blend (which has Syrian Latakia and more Virginias). Excellent one-two punch.

While there the owner gave me a sample of GBD tobacco from the 1950s. Somehow they still have about a half pound left. It has a cognac aroma to it. I'd had just read a reference to GBD tobacco in one of Hacker's books and now I can try some. I wonder what a 50 year old tobacco will be like. It was still moist.

I'm going to let my palate rest a bit before trying it.

I look forward to your review- wow, 50 year old tobacco!

I just bought a Savinelli Bing's favorite "Soiree" from Frenchy's. He's having a Memorial Day weekend sale, 10% off. He is using 5% of the proceeds to send some pipes and tabacco to the troops which is nice. I also bought a gob of pipe cleaners to bring my total up enough for the free shipping.

Link to the pictures of the pipe-

http://www.frenchyspipes.com/sc_images/pro...large_image.jpg

I have one other Savinelli and it's a great smoker, hopefully this one will be too.

Got a Big Ben coming from Alan, and a Estate Stanwell Vario #51 from Frenchy.

ab8e2055.jpg

8oz bulk Penzance and a few more Dunhills to try.

I added Squadron Leader and Escudo to the order and they came today! Wow, I'm an official pipe tobacco lover again. Even more so now tht I've discovered so many good blends thanks to you guys! :thumbs:

I took Doc's advice about an Escudo alternative and ordered the St James Woods.

I threw in some SG St. James Flake for comparison and the Macbaren HH Matured Virginia sounded interesting at $10/100g, too.

I'm starting to get a collection! :D Now I need to work on the pipes.

I threw in some SG St. James Flake for comparison and the Macbaren HH Matured Virginia sounded interesting at $10/100g, too.

Remember, if your going to smoke flakes, small pipes are best.

Doc.

Remember, if your going to smoke flakes, small pipes are best.

Doc.
Why is that?

It's hard to light in a large bowl and when you do get it lit, it burns hotter than hell.

Doc.