• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

Just ordered a Xikar pipe lighter. Really starting to get into this side of the hobby and lighting match after match is a pain. Looking forward to having a trusty lighter to help keep the bowls lit. I've also spent all day looking at new pipes. Not that I need a new one.

Just got a tin of 2009 Holiday Spirit.

Just ordered a Xikar pipe lighter. Really starting to get into this side of the hobby and lighting match after match is a pain. Looking forward to having a trusty lighter to help keep the bowls lit. I've also spent all day looking at new pipes. Not that I need a new one.

Lighters are a must have for smoking outdoors and repetitive relights. Though the latter, while never ceasing completely, will become less frequent with time. I make it a point to use a match for the first light whenever possible.

I have heard good things about the Xikar, I'm anxious to hear what you think of it. I'm partial to Zippo myself, but always think about investing in a "better" lighter.

I've had a zippo before and while I love them and their unique "clink" sound when opening, I wasn't sure if the ergnomics of holding it up to the bowl would work well. So I wanted a pipe lighter and I remember when I was looking for my last lighter that the two most well respected brands were Xikar and Blazer. Seems Blazer changed some of their components so people seem to be having lots of problems with them lately so I went with the Xikar Resource lighter. Hope to get it in my hands soon and I'll update this how it works out.

Ordered a new pipe (La Rocca meerschaum lined), Peterson 2-pipe case, and a tin of Peterson '11 Christmas blend. Probably a very bad thing that I'm looking at pipe racks and thinking I'd like to get one of those 30+ pieces and fill it up.

I DID NOT get any Penzance or Stonehaven. Been out of Stonehaven for probably two years now.
I am starting to get a bit frustrated with the greedy bastids ordering the whole stock, and the dumbass vendors who let them do it. That is not what a BOTL should do.

I did buy a tin of Esoterica Pembroke the other day. Long story short, My local B&M owner really need some business, so I just tried to buy anything.
For those of you who don't know, It is an English Mixture with Cognac. I do not smoke aromatics, but will occasionally try one to see how it goes.
I've smoked one bowl already and it was just OK. It just seemed too confused as to what it wants to be.
The Tobacco and the Cognac seemed to be cancelling each other out, with no real flavor of either coming into play. Could have just been me, so another chance or two, and then if it doesn't turn me on; into my "junk - only smoke after the end of the world" box.

I DID NOT get any Penzance or Stonehaven. Been out of Stonehaven for probably two years now.
I am starting to get a bit frustrated with the greedy bastids ordering the whole stock, and the dumbass vendors who let them do it. That is not what a BOTL should do.

I did buy a tin of Esoterica Pembroke the other day. Long story short, My local B&M owner really need some business, so I just tried to buy anything.
For those of you who don't know, It is an English Mixture with Cognac. I do not smoke aromatics, but will occasionally try one to see how it goes.
I've smoked one bowl already and it was just OK. It just seemed too confused as to what it wants to be.
The Tobacco and the Cognac seemed to be cancelling each other out, with no real flavor of either coming into play. Could have just been me, so another chance or two, and then if it doesn't turn me on; into my "junk - only smoke after the end of the world" box.

I barely managed to get two tins of Penzance about a month and a half ago...Stonehaven is another story though. I guess that's what happens when the hype train gets rollin'...people get greedy and clamor over these tobaccos and ruin it for everyone. I still have a sealed tin if you want it!

Its funny, I never had any interest in Stonehaven when it was readily available, but that it you can't find it I have the urge to try it. As far as Penzance goes I was fortunate to score enough to keep me going until it gets back in stock. If you can't find Penzance, try Margate. Same Latakia but more of it, and no VA (just Lat and Orientals) its one of my favorite blends. Its also a ribbon which I prefer to the crumble cake that Penzance comes in. I haven't tried Pembroke but I have heard good things. I may pick up a tin or two to give it a try.

Also, if you want a good smoke that is similar to Penzance, try C&D Star of the East, a very well balanced Lat heavy English, that is reasonably priced and readily available.

Just got a tin of 2009 Holiday Spirit.

Lighters are a must have for smoking outdoors and repetitive relights. Though the latter, while never ceasing completely, will become less frequent with time. I make it a point to use a match for the first light whenever possible.

I have heard good things about the Xikar, I'm anxious to hear what you think of it. I'm partial to Zippo myself, but always think about investing in a "better" lighter.

Used the Xikar for the first time tonight. I quite like it! Xikar makes a quality product and the lighter feels solid in the hand, if not a tad large though I don't mind it at all. Produces a nice large soft flame. As with all lighters, the main thing to worry about is reliability. Hopefully this lighter gives me as few problems as my Blazer.

4 ounces of Kendall Kentucky
4 ounces Ennerdale Flake
6 50 gram pouches of Condor RR
2 50 gram pouches of St. Bruno
1 50 gram tin of Golden Glow
3 nice estate Dr. Grabows

Just received a Savinelli meer-lined de luxe 803ks from the 'bay. It looks like a replacement stem and there are three very small chips in the meer at the very top edge of the bowl, probably from scraping the cake out, but they shouldn't affect the way it smokes. It appears to be very clean, with just a hint of a sweet pipey smell to the bowl. I think I'll give it a smoke at lunch and see how it goes.

PART_1325177669187.jpg

Estate Stanwell Majestic, a much prettier stain than the picture shows, a warmer brown. Appears to be in great shape, just has a tiny pinprick-sized fill on the side of the bowl and a couple more on the bottom of the shank. Will clean it out tonight and give it a smoke in a day or two.

PART_1327522538587.jpg

Well that's more self control than I have. I'm up to five briars and two cobs, and it's hard to hold off! At this point though, I'm determined to spend my money on tobacco and not pipes for a time.

My friend is having a go at making his own pipes. Just starting out with predrilled kits at the moment, but did a hell of a job on this one rusticating it with tools that were homemade! I think this was pipe # 4 for him...
Rusticated-001.jpg

I found a Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson #1 for a decent price. I like Churchwardens. I also, FINALLY, got some Stonehaven, thanks to a CP BOTL. Yabo!

I found a Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson #1 for a decent price. I like Churchwardens. I also, FINALLY, got some Stonehaven, thanks to a CP BOTL. Yabo!

Good score!