• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World's Best Single Malt?

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Interesting.....I guess it's like saying Fuente Opus is the Best Cigar in the World. Very subjective.

Have any of you guys tried this? They say it's a "lightly peated single malt whisky with subtle smoke and notes of peardrops and spiced apples".

LINK

Never had it but have had several OP offerings which I thought were good.

So far the best Scotch I've ever had was the Benriach Solstice 2nd Edition 17 Y.O. My gods that was incredible Scotch!

Like you say, highly subjective.

~Boar

Nope, never had anything from Old Pulteney. I'll have to give them a try. Reviews of other offerings seem very good.

Yea, very subjective. If something does get some high marks from experienced folk, I'll typically give it a go. You just never know if it might be a new favorite. If anything, I'll get an idea of what they found so appealing.

With all the scotch I drink and all the different brands I have or know of....I never heard of Old Pulteney until I read this article.

You learn something new every day.

Never had this specific release but yes I have had stuff from Old Pulteney. The 17 year old is in my regular rotation.

I have a bottle of OP 12 & 21 in my cabinet. The 21 won best world whisky from The Whiskey Bible a few years back. Both great pours.

It changes every year and depends on who is doing the ratings. I bought the world's best single malt and I'm not saying what it is or even if you can get it anymore.......so there!