• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Learn Something New Every Year Pass aka...This space reserved...

One thing we know, Cap'n Jack has a taste for Edicion De Silvio.

We have discovered the pirate's identity!

gay_pirate_.jpg

Well, it can't be Moki.
He'd never have a microfiber couch!
It can't be swissy, there's no dog hair!
It can't be Elittle, he has no furniture!
It can't be robbie, he would have slipped up already!

The prirate is....

....very clever!

Fuggin pirates. Although you do have to give the guy credit, he posted a lesson before half of the pass.

Aye maties, as ye mighta be surmisin' Capt'n Jack has more sinister plans in store! Capt'n Jack be more clever a soul than'r reveal his true intent like a prostitutin' young lass. Nay, under cover o' night, the treasure be spirited away to a secret n' special hide-away.

Tha tangled web we be weavin' taint nearly complete. Be sayin' yer goodbyes t' yer treasures, matey, thar' sailin' off into cold dark twilight, they is.

Since Phils pass has been plundered by pirates, i figured I would post my lesson now since I have no idea of when it will make it back to this area. My lesson is: How To Manufacture a Real Prison Shank.

This is one type of shank made by prisoners that requires no metal. All that is needed is an empty shampoo bottle, toilet paper, some news paper, a pair of socks, and matches. Cool water is also needed which is available in the cell. This can be made from start to finish in about an hour, but it takes a long time to sharpen it. (like several hours) I'll be cheating on the sharpening part by using sandpaper since I dont have 3 days to sit and scratch it against the ground.

You first want to gather your supplies:
Supplies.jpg

Keep in mind the onion plays no roll :D Only the shampoo bottle, TP, news paper, and the socks. I'm lazy.

Next you want to make your "donuts". The donuts are the heat source that we will be using to melt the shampoo bottle. To make the donuts, you take a roll of toilet paper and continuously wrap the TP around your hand 30 times. then you fold and roll it in on itself to form the donut shape.
Donuts.jpg

Next, fold up 2 large sheets of news paper into squares, wet them heavily with water, and then put them into the pair of socks to form a "mit" you can wear on your hands. This will prevent you from being burned while you roll the hot plastic in your hands to shape it into the shank.
PaperSquares.jpg

wearingmit.jpg

Once you have your mits ready and the donuts made, you're ready to start making your weapon. You have to place the donut on an uneven surface so the air can flow under neath it to keep it burning. The edge of a toilet works especially well. Also, if its on the edge of the toilet and the cops start to come near your cell you can quickly toss it into the bowl and flush the donut away. I'm using a small Weber BBQ for making this.
Stage1.jpg

The above picture is about half way into melting. The idea is to be wearing the mits so you don't burn yourself and you want to keep rotating the plastic shampoo bottle evenly over the burning donut until it is very pliable and and then roll it in your hands to make a small stick of solid and VERY hard plastic.

You also want to be very careful not to light your hands on fire, which is really easy to do considering your hands are wrapped in socks and right above an open flame. After about 10-15 minutes, you get something that looks like this:
DSCN1476.jpg

You want to make sure the plastic is rolled a lot. I didn't do it as much as I should have cuz I didn't want to spend the whole hour doing it. You have to heat it a lot and roll it a lot so you don't get any pockets of air or open space inside the stick, or else it will break.

After you have let the plastic stick cool for a few hours and run it under cold water a few times to help it along in cooling off, it's time to sharpen it! yay! In a cell you would use your floor, and sit there and tediously grind it against the floor for hours and hours and hours until you get the point you want. I used sand paper and a file and it still took me about 2 hours to get it down to a point, but it still isnt as "pointy" as I'd like.

After you sharpen it, you take a sheet or sock and rip it into thin strips and use the strips to wrap around the handle of the shank to make a nice hand grip. When its done, its looks very crude, but when made right they are very dangerous and very hard and sharp.
DSCN1484.jpg

And that's it! Congratulations! You've made your very first prison shank. Hopefully you will never have to make one for real. But just in case you do, remember this lesson!

I would have never guessed that I would learn how to make a prison shank on a cigar forum. You learn something new everyday.

Evan, Evan, Evan ???

What ever happened to you son? Well, Phil did say a lesson and this is a lesson..............don't do something to end up in prison and need this useful bit of information! :sign:

Evan, Evan, Evan ???

What ever happened to you son? Well, Phil did say a lesson and this is a lesson..............don't do something to end up in prison and need this useful bit of information! :sign:
LOL, Charlie! Hows it hanging?! You gonna ever come back up this way?

I do end up that way but only for short overnight stays in other parts of the Bay Area............I'll get there, I swear! Been a hell of a long time since we all gathered for a smoke!