• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Favorite Rare Cigars?

I had a chance to pick up a box of those and sccrewed it up (Opus A). I may never forgive myself for that. :angry: :angry:

Blinded, good point too. Opus to me is a prime example of a cigar that must (for my taste) be stored for a few years to be right onthe money.

I had a chance to pick up a box of those and sccrewed it up (Opus A). I may never forgive myself for that. :angry: :angry:

Blinded, good point too. Opus to me is a prime example of a cigar that must (for my taste) be stored for a few years to be right onthe money.

I didn't screw it up :D

I didn't screw it up :D

Lucky bastard!

Oh well. They still make em' and I'll still smoke em'. I will get that box one day.

40th's / 80th's - I don't consider these "rare" (they're not that hard to find) but they are a bit out of my reach for a daily. They've never let me down, though. Every 80th I've been lucky enough to smoke was absolutely wonderful..... :love:

Agreed, my B&M always has 40th's and 80th's.

I'm going to have to work some overtime so I can buy a box of the 45th anniversary maduros.

Any Opus X.
They are so damn hard to get in this part of the world. I was collecting them, but after what happened last year I decided to just smoke em. Now they are all gone LOL.
I will say I enjoyed every last puff.

The best I've had is a Padron Millenium. I've only smoked one and have some more stashed away for later. I have some high dollar cigars but not too many "rare" ones. I guess one of the few rare ones that I'm actually scared to put flame to is an OR Anejo Shark.
Are you kidding, light the fugger up now to celebrate life. :cool:

Who are you keeping them for, your son? They will taste like shit in 15 to 25 years time.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian

How weird reading this. Less than two months later he was just a memory to all of us.

Makes me want to go light something up that I'd normally hoard.

The best I've had is a Padron Millenium. I've only smoked one and have some more stashed away for later. I have some high dollar cigars but not too many "rare" ones. I guess one of the few rare ones that I'm actually scared to put flame to is an OR Anejo Shark.
Are you kidding, light the fugger up now to celebrate life. :cool:

Who are you keeping them for, your son? They will taste like shit in 15 to 25 years time.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian

How weird reading this. Less than two months later he was just a memory to all of us.

Makes me want to go light something up that I'd normally hoard.
Nice pick up John.....I think I will take an extra special smoke to the cabin with me for the weekend and carve out an hour or so to enjoy it!

Opus X "Pacman"

This might be the best cigar ever.

Yeah Brian nailed it...at this point the only stuff I am 'saving' is stuff I either a) have tried before and specifically want for some time in the future or b) is being saved for specific occasions (like the box I got when my son was born). One of the greatest gifts I have received on this board was being handed shit at herfs and being told to 'smoke it right now or break it in half'.

I was reading through the thread without paying any attention to the original post date. Literally did a double take when Brian's post came up.

For the most part I haven't followed his advice, unfortunately. :(

Early New Years resolution - torch a shark before the weekend.

Ashton VSG Estate Reserve. Smoked one last month and they are still exquisite!

Any Opus X.
They are so damn hard to get in this part of the world. I was collecting them, but after what happened last year I decided to just smoke em. Now they are all gone LOL.
I will say I enjoyed every last puff.

What happened last year that made you change your mind?

There was a box of BTLs for $325 ,at a local b&m, last Xmas.
Wish I had the coin, then.

Chemyst :cool:

Oh I forgot about the between the lines....good one!

Hell yes, TIME TO SMOKE!

I am still waiting on my Cohiba Maduro's. The thought makes my mouth water though!

Thank you so very much for answering.

Opus X "Pacman"

Any pics of that Opus X "Pacman"?

Never had the chance to meet Brian or chat with him, but that is some of the best advice I have read here on CP!

The rarest cigar I have in my small collection is a BTL that was gifted to me by a BOTL on this site. I have never come across one in a shop before, yet alone see it in person until it was gifted to me. I figured I would save it to celebrate a special occasion but after reading this thread, I will take Brian's advice and live in the moment! I am going to smoke it this weekend!

Thanks,

Brian

Can't really call them "rare" or all that "HTF," but they sure are expensive enough---I love me some God of Fires. :love:

~Boar

Definitely the Opus Forbidden X. Can't afford them too often (or find them) but wow what a great occasional smoke.

John