• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Balvenie Founder's Reserve.

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Balvenie 10 yo Founder's Reserve, Normal Balvenie bottle, Cardboard tube packaging, 750 ml, 86 proof, about $30-35.

Balvenie%20Founder

My fourth Balvenie review is also my New Year's day football drink, more than a few fingers of Founder's Reserve found it's way into my glass as I watched some of the bowl games. One of the most complex young scotches I've found The Balvenie Founder's Reserve is a great introduction to the Balvenie range.

The nose is light, honeyed, grassy with hints of smoke and peat. First tasting is very rich for such a young whisky with honey and sherry sweetness, malt and a light background of fruit. The finish is a surge of malt and peat in equal amounts with a long lingering sweetness.

The Balvenie line has been a long time favorite of mine and this one is outstanding at it's price point. While some may think it a bit too sweet I think it is a good balance with the other flavors that come through and it isn't as sweet as the next Balvenie, the 12 yo Double Wood (which is also excellent!). A worthy challange to whatever you now call your everyday dram.

Now there's a review I can absolutely agree with! One of my favorite malts of the limited number I've tried. :thumbs: