• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lars Tetens

KevinWHoecker

Lars Tetens cigars are better than most Cubans. I have never smoked a better cigar than his Shorty Maduro or the Royal. Sure, they are expensive, but doesn't the quality justify the price? What are everyones thoughts? I would love to hear.

Why don't people smoke Lar Tetans? Oh, I don't know...cuz they'er nasty?

Smoked Lars when I was a newbie cigar smoker. Then I learned what good cigars taste like. None of this treat them with botanical oils crap.

As for quality, they don't begin to measure up with cigars like Fuente, Padron, Ashton, and others. AND, they are just as expensive.

They are horrible..... probably the worst thing I have ever smoked..... I couldn't give mine away fast enough...

Comparing them to Cuban?? have you been adding those funny looking plants to your tobacco ??

Just my 2¢

This is like the 3rd or 4th Teten post I've read in the last two days. There's a disturbance in the force.

I must admit that when I starting to first get into cigars (around 1998), that I smoked a bunch of Lars Tetens. Not something I am proud of, but I enjoyed the flavors and I didn't have the experience or palate to appreciate the finer attributes of more refined smokes (and probably I still don't).

So while we always rail on people who smoke cigars like the Tetens, Macanundos, etc; they do serve a purpose. You have to start somewhere.

Dawg, Jingles and I have talked about this point many times that people often just glance over what they consider inferior cigars and just jump to ultra-premiums. Like Scot always tells me; you don't know if you will like/dislike a cigar until you smoke it. I also get frustrated that I see some on the board who simply don't consider anything that is not a Padron, Fuente or ISOM; sure those are perhaps the best cigars out there; but you need to walk before you run.

I sometimes think that I have moved too quickly up the learning curve and that there is so much out there that I skipped over; but it is hard to smoke that El Rico Habano in the humidor when there are RASS sitting on the next shelf.

OK, hopefully I made my point......time to get off the Soap Box and back to work....

Patrick

LC-Smoker said:
I must admit that when I starting to first get into cigars (around 1998), that I smoked a bunch of Lars Tetens. Not something I am proud of, but I enjoyed the flavors and I didn't have the experience or palate to appreciate the finer attributes of more refined smokes (and probably I still don't).

So while we always rail on people who smoke cigars like the Tetens, Macanundos, etc; they do serve a purpose. You have to start somewhere.

Dawg, Jingles and I have talked about this point many times that people often just glance over what they consider inferior cigars and just jump to ultra-premiums. Like Scot always tells me; you don't know if you will like/dislike a cigar until you smoke it. I also get frustrated that I see some on the board who simply don't consider anything that is not a Padron, Fuente or ISOM; sure those are perhaps the best cigars out there; but you need to walk before you run.

I sometimes think that I have moved too quickly up the learning curve and that there is so much out there that I skipped over; but it is hard to smoke that El Rico Habano in the humidor when there are RASS sitting on the next shelf.

OK, hopefully I made my point......time to get off the Soap Box and back to work....

Patrick
[snapback]202525[/snapback]​

All of that said....Lars are nothing like ISOMs......

Patrick,

I didn't rail on him for smoking Lars Tetens. I could care less what he smokes. I found it funny that he stated that Lars are better then Cubans is all.

Everyone has to crawl before they walk, I agree. But when you got someone making a broad statement like he did, I find it rather funny.

bfreebern said:
Patrick,

I didn't rail on him for smoking Lars Tetens. I could care less what he smokes. I found it funny that he stated that Lars are better then Cubans is all.

Everyone has to crawl before they walk, I agree. But when you got someone making a broad statement like he did, I find it rather funny.
[snapback]202527[/snapback]​

Brandon - I didn't mean to imply that you specifically were railing on him; it was just a broad statement about what I see on CP from time to time.

I do agree with you about his comparisons to Cubans; that was amusing!

Patrick

LC-Smoker said:
bfreebern said:
Patrick,

I didn't rail on him for smoking Lars Tetens.  I could care less what he smokes.  I found it funny that he stated that Lars are better then Cubans is all.

Everyone has to crawl before they walk, I agree.  But when you got someone making a broad statement like he did, I find it rather funny.

Brandon - I didn't mean to imply that you specifically were railing on him; it was just a broad statement about what I see on CP from time to time.

I do agree with you about his comparisons to Cubans; that was amusing!

Patrick
[snapback]202528[/snapback]​

We are snobbish smoking as*holes, haven't you realized that yet?

:sign:

bfreebern said:
Patrick,

Actually, Brandon, I think Patrick's reply probably applies more aptly to my post than to yours. I did rail a bit with my "they are nasty" comment. To my palate now, they are. More to the point, I think Patrick was making a comment about posts in general on the board. While we might not rail against them, I think we do tell folks (maybe in not so many words), "why don't you just smoke an Opus or a Padron and stop fooling around with everything else."

Patrick is right about another thing, I have always preached that you should smoke, smoke, and smoke some more. You don't know what you like unless you smoke it. You can't just take someone's word for it. Have my tastes (and financial situation) changed toward higher end smokes...yes they have. Will I still smoke myself silly at the RTDA looking for the next great stick...yes I will.

Patrick, thanks for the reminder. :thumbs:

KevinWHoecker, Lars are not better than Habanos (sorry, can't go that far) and they are overpriced, but if you like'em, smoke'em. :D

cigardawg said:
Actually, Brandon, I think Patrick's reply probably applies more aptly to my post than to yours. I did rail a bit with my "they are nasty" comment. To my palate now, they are.

The comment wasn't aimed at anyone on this thread or even anyone specific at all; just a general thought.

cigardawg said:
More to the point, I think Patrick was making a comment about posts in general on the board. While we might not rail against them, I think we do tell folks (maybe in not so many words), "why don't you just smoke an Opus or a Padron and stop fooling around with everything else."

That's exactly my point; especially when alot of people who are saying "why don't you just smoke an Opus or a Padron and stop fooling around with everything else" may have not smoked much else; maybe they have, maybe they haven't.

One reason I respect Scot's advise and reviews on cigars is the fact that he has smoked just about everything out there that I can think of; he doesn't just read what the masses say and regurgitate it when called upon.

Now, before I get slammed by all the FOG's for that; I am not fingering anyone at all; it is just a general statement.

Patrick

Love it. I knew my post would bring out the worst in people! That is the great thing about cigar smokers. We are all so passionate about our hobby. As far as Cubans go, I find one in every four has an insufficient draw. Not that it will ever keep me from stocking Montecristo #2's and Hoyo Double Coronas in my humidor. There is nothing better than Cuban tobacco, however, the Dominican Republic has higher quality standards.

Not gonna bust your balls for smoking Lars. To each his own. One day you will see the light. :thumbs:

Lars sucks - Metallica should boot him. Oh wait...

KevinWHoecker said:
Lars Tetens cigars are better than most Cubans. I have never smoked a better cigar than his Shorty Maduro or the Royal. Sure, they are expensive, but doesn't the quality justify the price? What are everyones thoughts? I would love to hear.
[snapback]202456[/snapback]​

Either you're a troll, or you're trying to drum up business for your shop?

KevinWHoecker said:
[snapback]202456[/snapback]​

Just look at the feedback on the Lars Teton thread in the trader section that I posted. Nobody wants these piece of **** cigars!! The only PMs I've got are people talking **** about these nasty sticks. I bet I'll never get rid of these things :( . The only reason I have so many is because when I 1st got the "sampler" I emailed them and told them how awful I thought thier cigar was when I tried it. They just sent me a bunch more :0 . I will admit that the chocolates that they sent me with the cigars were very good though.