• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old Grand-Dad 100

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Old Grand-Dad - 100 proof BIB, 4 yo, standard tall bottle, about $15-20.

Old%20Grand-dad%20100.jpg

Old Grand-Dad is the #1 selling bonded bourbon made in Kentucky. 'Bottled in Bond' indicates that the whiskey was produced by one distillery in one distilling season, was bottled at 100 proof, matured in charred new oak barrels for at least four years, stored and bottled in a Treasury Dept. bonded warehouse and had no excise tax paid on it until it was taken out of the warehouse.

Made by Jim Beam brands Old Grand-Dad is one of the staples of the bourbon world. It is a nice coppery color and noses full of oranges and pepperish spices. The taste is full, bold and surprisingly smooth considering it is 100 proof. Fruit, nuts and a bit of toffee swirl around the tongue. The fruit gats a little tangy and some spices show on the finish which is long and oily. One of the classic bourbons, it should be a mainstay in any bar. The Wine Enthusiast gave it 92 points and I fully agree. :thumbs:

No bourbon drinkers here anymore? Maybe I should switch to reviewing wine coolers :p

Or nice fruit-flavored wines? :p

Seriously, that's a whole new take on OGD. I'd always thought of it as something that's a staple down at the VFW or DAV, usually for "highballs" (does anyone else remember that term for ruining whiskey with ginger ale?).

Thanks for the review. Always nice to find good, inexpensive liquor.

My father used to love this stuff! I've got a bottle over on the bar. :thumbs:

Never seen it before. I'll keep my eye out for it though

Say WHAT! A southern boy who's never seen OGD!! Turn in your pickup truck rifle rack, your "Honk if you love Dixie" bumper sticker and your pointy toed boots. You should be ashamed. :0

KayakinBoy said:
[snapback]210230[/snapback]​

AVB said:
Say WHAT! A southern boy who's never seen OGD!! Turn in your pickup truck rifle rack, your "Honk if you love Dixie" bumper sticker and your pointy toed boots. You should be ashamed. :0

KayakinBoy said:
[snapback]210281[/snapback]​

LMAO!

1. I drive a family 4-door sedan
2. Don't got a gun rack, I have a 9mm ;)
3. I saw dukes of hazzard this past weekend, and now I want a dixie bumper sticker! :thumbs:

No comment about them pointy toed boots though eh.... :laugh:

KayakinBoy said:
AVB said:

KayakinBoy said:

LMAO!

3. I saw dukes of hazzard this past weekend, and now I want a dixie bumper sticker! :thumbs:
[snapback]210362[/snapback]​

Here is a Southern Boy that has had many a bottle of OGD. Used to be my go to mixer when I was much younger. Haven't had any in a long time. When I was drinking it I had really no appreication of booze..Just the buzz. I may re-visit it it.

AVB said:
No comment about them pointy toed boots though eh.... :laugh:

KayakinBoy said:
AVB said:

KayakinBoy said:

LMAO!

[snapback]210362[/snapback]​
[snapback]210372[/snapback]​

I mighta had me a pair er two in my younger years... alright, when I was 14.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KayakinBoy said:
I mighta had me a pair er two in my younger years... alright, when I was 14 until now.
[snapback]210377[/snapback]​