• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1792 Ridgemont Reserve

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
1792 Ridgemont Reserve, 750ml, 93.7 proof, no packaging, short wide decanter style bottle. About $24 here in PA.
1792%20Ridgemont%20reserve.JPG

Ridgemont Reserve was formerly Ridgewood Reserve until Barton's was sued by Brown & Foreman for infringement on their Woodford Reserve. How they won the case I have no idea as the bottles don't look the same, the printing and placement is different and a host of other things. But win they did so we now have Ridgemont instead of Ridgewood. If you find a Ridgewood it is a bit of a collector's item now.

I was going to review this bourbon earlier but it didn't impress me too much so I decided to wait and give it another chance. After a fine cookout this holiday, a short walk to help the digestion, I poured a good sized dollop in my glass and headed out to the deck with my drink in one hand and a DCM toro in the other that I fired up after I wrote these notes.

I really wanted to like this as Very Old Barton is a really good bourbon and this is supposed to be higher up in their line. However, this was not to be the case. Tasting brings on alcohol and a little of the sweetness that bourbon has but overall it is flat with nothing really making itself known. I tried an ice cube and that helped alittle in bringing out some of the corn and vanilla flavoring but again, nothing much was going on. For me this is a mixing bourbon now......except I don't make any mixed bourbon drinks :(

My advice is save your money and buy something else.

For those that were wondering....1792 is the year Kentucky became a state.

I've had a bottle for awhile (now half a bottle) and I liked it at first, but not worth the 30 something here in TN.

I didn't do my research on your reviews and picked up a bottle of this.

To me, it was like an alcoholics sweet tea. At least, it smelled like sweet tea.

The bottle and presentation I agree are worth probably more than the content.

A local store had this on sale for $18 which seemed like a great deal until I tried it. I usually take my bourbon neat but this stuff wasn't even tolerable on the rocks. The rest is going to be used for BBQ sauce or mixers.