• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Balblair 24 yo Limited Edition

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Balblair 24 yo Limited Edition, Standard bottle, presentation tube packaging, 86 proof, 700ml, about $100 but no longer available.

Balblair%2024.JPG

A windy crisp day in Southeast PA meant that none of my end of the season outside projects got done today. No way I was going up on the roof in 30mph winds. :0 Instead, I did some work inside my wifes studio which needed some repairs on a ceiling crack. That didn't take too long so I poured a glass of Balblair and watched some of the Patriot-Broncos game.

This Balblair is number 2542 of 3150 bottles and is a light honey gold color in the bottle and the glass. The nose is a bit spicey with a little vanilla and citrus. First tasting is sweet and acidic the way grapefruit juice is. That is not to say that this tastes anything like grapefruit juice. There are classic tastes of toffee and oak mixed in with the citrus. Quite unlike the vast majority of malts. The finish keeps the citrus feel for quite some time when toffee comes out near the end.

Overall a unique single malt experience that may not be for everyone but one that I'm glad I've had the chance to try.

Thanks for the review. Sounds intriguing. I think I know where a bottle currently lives. I think I might need to find a reason to drive up to my buddy's place and have a taste.

I bought 2 of these for members here and was hoping to get more opinions.

I am available foropinion giving. Next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I will gladly help review.

I thought you had a line on one in your neck of the woods? ;)

smokelaw1 said:
I am available from opinion giving. Next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I will gladly help review.
[snapback]240249[/snapback]​

It's a 5.5 hour drive for me. A good buddy up in Ithaca, NY has a bottle. I was possibly going up this weeknd, but things didn't work out. Instead, he's coming here, and we're FINALLY going to open the last bottle of Glenlivet 1969. Going to start it off by itself, and then light a cigar with the second dram. As for the third through the ?????th drink, probably the Glenrothes 1979, or possible the AUchentoshen 21 year cask strength single cak...it's one of his favorites.