• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sheep Dip

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Sheep Dip, The Original Oldbury Pure Malt 8 Year Old Scotch Whisky. Standard short bottle, no packaging, 80 proof, about $30.

Sheep%20Dip%208.JPG

Sheep Dip, now where did a name like that come from? One story is that the Scotsmen in Oldbury, Gloucestershire hid this whisky from the government officials by keeping it in barrels marked sheep dip. Sheep dip was a poison used to clean sheep the same idea as a flea dip for your dog or cat.

Sheep Dip is a vatted malt like Johnnie Walker Green or Campbeltown Loch both of which were reviewed previously. The nose is sweet like old fruit on the tree a bit too long with a bit of malt sprinkled on them. Alcohol is mixed in on the top giving a thickness that is fairly unique to this malt. Tasting is lighter and sweeter then the nose would have you believe. I've found this is best when sitting for 10-15 minutes as it become a little more balanced and the little bit of nuttiness comes out. The finish is short and rather flat with just plain sweetness being the primary flavor.

While not even close to the worst scotch I've ever had it isn't that high on my list. About the same level as Johnnie Walker Red. Great for mixing but not something I'd like to drink neat too often.

I might have to do Pig's Nose next just because. :laugh:

I had a bottle of this once. I agree with AVB. It's drinkable but not memorable.

With so many good/very good/outstanding bottles on the list, looks like one to avoid(or save for neighbors that out stay their welcome).

Gregor

I'd have to say it is better than Cutty or Inver House but since I don't own those you'll get this in your mixed drink. :whistling:

gregor22 said:
With so many good/very good/outstanding bottles on the list, looks like one to avoid(or save for neighbors that out stay their welcome).

Gregor
[snapback]252422[/snapback]​