• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Corner Creek Reserve Bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Corner Creek Reserve 8yo Bourbon, standard bottle, no packaging, 88 proof, about $25.

Corner%20Creek.JPG

The Corner Creek Reserve bottle is a burgundy-style, green-tinted wine bottle with a corked plastic top. On the back label it states, "Corner Creek is only lightly filtered..." I'm not sure what that might mean.

After planting a row of bushes I took advantage of the great afternoon weather and went out on the deck with a glass of Corner Creek. The color in the glass it is a light reddish amber however it looks much darker in the bottle due to the green tinting. The nose is a bit of spearmint initially with honey and undertones of green apple and pear. A little time reveals an earthiness of leather, wood and grass. Tasting shows that the honey from the nose continues over onto the palate with a nice dose of maple and spice. Leather, cinnamon and some light oak smokey barrel tones round out the flavors. The finish is warm and smooth with maple providing the majority of the ending flavor.

Overall this is a good quality bourbon that might be just a bit overpriced unless you can find it on sale for $20-22. If you haven't tried this bourbon you should as it is an interesting experiment of muliple grain vatting with favorable results.

I just saw this bourbon today for $19.99. I was thinking about getting it, but without hearing anything about it, I passed on it. I might have to get it next time.

PM me where if you don't want to post it. Thanks.

I just seen this brand today while picking up someone else's stuff :sign: and I think the price was about $20 and if I am not mistaken there was more than one "type" of this one.

I only know of one "type" of this, the one in the pic. Take some pics next time and maybe you'll be doing another pickup :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't the Black Maple Hill bottles look very similar to these? Maybe those are the other bottles you saw PSTAN. If not, like AVB said, take some pics of the other type(s) for us.

The BMH's are clear bottles and have a higher shoulder, not the wine bottle style of Corner Creek.

It will be several weeks before I am up that way, but we go that way at least once or twice a month. If I can remember I will try to call them to verify how wrong that I am, probably real wrong. I will check it out though and post.

Well I picked up a bottle of this for $20. I've had a small pour so far, and I think it's a pretty good bourbon. It's not my favorite, but definitely worth $20. Good call on this bourbon AVB.

One thing that did strike me about it was the color. Most bourbon's are more of a deep reddish brown, whereas this is more of a yellowish brown. Don't get me wrong, it still looks like bourbon, but it's not as deep in color as most. I assume this is due to the "light filtering" that is mentioned on the label. Either way, still a solid drink.

The BMH's are clear bottles and have a higher shoulder, not the wine bottle style of Corner Creek.

I did compare these bottles in the store, and your right, they really don't look much alike at all.

It's good for a change and certainly worth $20.

Just found some for $18, bought a few bottles myself...
-D

Before I went on the drinking wagon, this was my favorite mid-price range bourbon. It went very well with a sprig of mint in the glass. I believe it was going for about $26 a year or two ago. If you can snag it for 20 or less, I say that is a helluva good deal.

I went on a little bourbon buying spree the other day and ran across this and bought a bottle. So, last night when I was outside with the children watching them sled and talking with the neighbor across the street, we decided to open the bottle and try it with a cgar. The concurrance was that it was indeed rounded and smooth. The oak flavors were slightly masked and muted by the sweetness "Honey" flavors and while I was looking for the caramel it did not just jump out of the glass like some other bourbons.

I had a nice experience with this bourbon and for the price would recommend it as nice, smooth, reasonably priced bourbon. I m satified with the purchase.

My $.02

I have tried this bourbon also. My wife got it from her "liquor guy" (distributor that sells "off-brand" booze). It was good, but for the same price, or a couple bucks more, I would rather buy Eagle Rare 10 or Bullit.
BTW, I've read where bourbon less than 90 proof is basically not worth drinking, neat that is. What are your thoughts on that AVB ???

Pretty strong statement. I would say I'd rather have a 90 proof bourbon but since most are 90 and above I don't have too much of a problem. I know that Basil Hayden's at 80 proof was pretty poor IMO especially for the money they want for it.

BTW, I've read where bourbon less than 90 proof is basically not worth drinking, neat that is. What are your thoughts on that AVB ???