• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenisla 28 yo Highland Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Glenisla 28 yo Highland Malt Scotch, decanter style bottle, metal tube packaging, 97.2 proof, about $240, not available in the US.

Glenisla%201977.jpg

This Glenisla is another experimental peated Speyside that was made at the Glen Keith distillery the same as Craigduff. This scotch was bottled from hogshead #19598 and distilled on 7/7/77 and bottled 3/10/06. Limited to 274 bottles total. Not to be confused with Glenisla-Glenlivet from the last century produced at the Strathmill distillery.

The second sample bottle trade with Smokyballs is another Glen Keith variant of supposedly one hogshead. It has happened many times before that years later something is found hidden in a warehouse and is touted as the last of the last. Such is the case for this Glanisla found during a massive inventory of a barrel warehouse complex.

The nose is a fruity, soft and malty. A sweetness carries over to tasting with a slight oiliness that spreads the fruit across the tongue. Overall a fairly pleasing and long finish that seems to get even more fruity at the end

I wouldn't mind being able to buy this on a regular basis as it is a pretty good malt, better then the Craigduff variant. As it is, this was a pretty good trade with Smokyballs and a chance to try something before it is gone forever.

This is my favorite of the two as well! The peat was so far in the back that I was able to give a small dram of this to a good friend of mine who doesn't like Islay scotch! This is something that wish wasn't limited and only availible outside the USA! A rare treat. Thanks again Ray for the review and the deal!We need to do this again after the first of the year!