• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia Black "Cuban Classic" Perla 1952

Michal

Turquoise Hexagon Sun
So this is one of this great puppies I won in a contest (Thanks again Tim...
hug2.gif
)
I already smoked few of them, and did enjoyed all of them.
And yesterday I decided to smoke another one and write a review.

dpg000ca8.jpg

Its a really nice build small cigar, it has beautifull wrapper with almost no vains or discolourations.
It also has really good smell, smell of awesome strong tabacco.
I used punch, as its my favorite way to open a cigar last time.
The draw was really nice, maybe a little to loose.

I've decided to smoke it with J Daniels, because I already knew how big power this small cigar has.

dpg001na7.jpg

As usually after liting the smoke up I felt this incredibly peppery and spicy taste.
And also as usually it has disappeared after few puffs, and all what I felt then was awesome tabacco taste with light creemy sweet bits.

dpg002ml2.jpg

During all smoking time I had no burning issues, it was just burning perfectly.
What I also really liked were amounts of smoke when I started puffing after it had some rest.
All the time this little Pepin had very nice tabacco taste really perfect for this whiskey or even real scotch.

dpg003oc7.jpg

All I can say is - Im happy I still have few :rolleyes:

dpg004vu6.jpg

Good review bro, you nailed some of the notes that I have from that vitola also. Glad ya enjoyed them.

Great review Michal. I am going to have to give these another try. The first one I smoked was fresh from the B&M and I believe it was to wet.

BTW, what is that stuff in your Jack? :whistling:

Ken

Nice review Michal. I do agree these are not as good right out of a B&M or humi. Sleep and/or some time in a dry box does wonders IMO.

Hmm. I may have to revisit this one. I bought one from the B&M fresh, let it sit a week or so and smoked it. It was the most awful musty stick I'd ever had...tossed it at 1 inch.

Nice review Micah, I much prefer the black labels to the blue. They are flavorful and pack a nice little punch. Well done!

Nice review Michal. If the truth be told I like some of my smokes with Mr. Jack!! :cool:

Thanks for the review, Michal. :thumbs:

I want to try this Pepin as well as the Padilla 1932 and Havana Leon. I am a Pepin fan but who isn't these days. ;) I really liked the Rey Miguel, CI Legends yellow, and Padilla Miami blends.

Steve

I picked up the 1977 Petit Lancero this weekend. After reading some of the comments in this thread, I think it will sit for a while.
Looks and smells nice. Great size: 5.5x38.