• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Duck Rabbit Rabid Duck

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
I got this beer, along with a brother of it's (Duck Rabbit Porter) in a trade with Nate (ndp) a while back. Thanks for the chance to try this mang. I'm glad there are so many beer lovers on this site that keep providing me with new beers to try that I can't get locally.

Style - Imperial Stout
ABV - 10%
Brewed In - Farmville, North Carolina
Availability - Winter Release

Picture001.jpg

Appearance

Poured DARK brown, almost black, with an orangish brown, 3 finger head. Head had pretty decent retention, but eventually shrunk to a think film on top, that left average lacing.

Smell

Burnt malt, mixed with some burnt malt and a touch of burnt malt. Also a hint of cocoa and fruit. Oh yeah, and some burnt malt.

Taste

Very full bodied beer, with various flavors throughout. A nice, balanced sweetness up front, with a bitter finish. Strong coffee and bittersweet chocolate flavors, and burnt malt is still very evident. The alcohol flavor is evident, but mostly muted, especially for the 10% ABV.

Feel

This is very thick and lines the mouth nicely, but is a the same time fairly drinkable. Pretty lightly carbonated.

Verdict

I really enjoyed this beer. It has a lot of the characteristics you expect from an imperial stout, but some nice twists too. The fruit flavors aren't as prominent, and the alchohol is more masked than I typically expercience with IS. I would definietely recommend this beer to anybody that enjoys this style.

Nice review as always Brother the name alone would drive me to try it. Nate is a great BOTL with access to good brews. :thumbs:

Had the Duck Rabbit Amber last night...Wasnt good at all. In fact, Ive never had a good Duck Rabbit which sucks because I like to support my local brewers as much as possible.

Glad you enjoyed the beer Justin. Dave some of their beers are odd, and intensely bitter. They were an acquired taste for me.

Nate