• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Orchard Springs Bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Orchard Springs 6 yo Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 1 quart, 86 proof, standard rectangular bottle with rounded edges, no other packaging. Distilled 1962, bottled 1968.

Orchard%20Springs%206.JPG

A gift from our very own Outlawsp and shipped by Smokyballs I broke out this bottle for the scotch herf and it must have been well liked since over half of it is gone :0 Orchard Springs was bottled in Louisville by Double Springs Distillers Inc who actually had their main offices in Chicago at that time. Hard to say what plant actually did the bottling.

I wasn't expecting too much from this, after all it was from a company and distillery that no longer existed and that also was never mentioned as producing sought after product like Willett or Michters. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The nose is a good strong caramel and vanilla with just a bit of oak char, very good for a 6 year old bourbon. The taste starts off with a little mint, then alcohol, then caramel kicks in with the typical vanilla. The finish is fairly long with licorice seeming to be the dominant flavor all the way to the very end.

Back in the day this might have cost $2 for the quart but now I'd put against Jim Beam Black without hesitation as it was really quite good. Thanks to Outlawsp & Smoky for the little bit of sippin' history.

Damn, I thought I sent you a bottle of mouth wash :laugh:. Actually you need to give this one to my boy Outlawsp. I just shipped the bottle, he's the one who provided it! Nice review(never expect anything less)!

The review is now updated, thanks you two.

Damn, I thought I sent you a bottle of mouth wash :laugh:. Actually you need to give this one to my boy Outlawsp. I just shipped the bottle, he's the one who provided it! Nice review(never expect anything less)!

I had no idea of any info about this bottle, cool to see the review!
A friend of a friend had a case of bottles.