• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What I made for New Year's

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Here is a recipe for Baltimore Eggnog that we had at my place on New Year's. This is for one glass so double or redouble as needed.

Hint: As long as you don't tell people there is raw egg in the drink they will love it. However some people may be allergic to raw eggs so keep that in mind.

Ingredients:

1 oz Jamaican Rum
1 oz Brandy
1 oz Madeira
1 whole Egg
1 tsp Powdered Sugar
3/4 cup Milk

Directions:

Shake all ingredients well with cracked ice and strain into a Collins glass (12 oz). Sprinkle nutmeg on top and serve.

oh MAN that sound GREAT!!!

Great "Hint" AVB!! "Cause I can guarantee they love drinking them BUT if they knew that, they'd freak out :sign:

I don't care though, even though I know about the raw egg, it still sound like a great drink to me!!
guinness_drinking.gif

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

AVB said:
Hint: As long as you don't tell people there is raw egg in the drink they will love it.
Considering the potential for Salmonella poisoning, your attorney might advise a different course of action. :lookup:

That's what the alcohol is for!

BACCHUS said:
AVB said:
Hint:  As long as you don't tell people there is raw egg in the drink they will love it.
Considering the potential for Salmonella poisoning, your attorney might advise a different course of action. :lookup:
The alcohol kills any chance of resulting infection from the raw egg.

Bump for people who don't want to make as much as the George Washington's Egg Nog recipe.

This is perfect! I was really wanting to do the George Washington recipe, but then I looked in my wallet and decided that wasn't such a great idea (plus I'd end up having to drink the whole thing myself most likely). I think I can handle this one though.

D

I don't know. Traditional name perhaps?

Both are quite good in slightly different ways so there is no set answer for your question IMO. Volume is the deciding factor as the Baltimore version I posted doesn't seem to ramp up to larger quantities as well.

Bump for people who don't want to make as much as the George Washington's Egg Nog recipe.

Which one is better?

I make a delicious eggnog with a friends recipe that calls for raw egg and I like a lot of bourbon... TIS THE SEASON! Like AVB said just don't let people know it has raw egg but it does have egg in case they are allergic. Just say it's old fashioned homemade eggnog.

The usual procedure is to do a proper introduction in the correct forum, fill out your profile and then start posting comments.

Welcome to CP.

any preference in the Jamaican rum?

or will any rum do? spiced/unspiced? white/dark?

Thanks for bringing this to the top btw.

Jamaican rum is usually dark so any dark rum will do but I never use spiced rum. I use Myers mostly.

any preference in the Jamaican rum?

or will any rum do? spiced/unspiced? white/dark?

Thanks for bringing this to the top btw.

Bump for the new crowd

Bump for a different nog