• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

God of Fire 2006 Carlito Double Robusto

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
Well it took a lot time between the ears for me to pull out one of these beauties to smoke. But I did. It is sometimes a hard decision to smoke a cigar that is as pricey and hard to find as the God of Fire. But I made the choice to treat myself last night, and I thought that I would share it with you.

Length/Ring: 5 .7 x 50
Shape: Robusto Perejo
Wrapper: Cameroon wrapper
Strength: Full

"Cigars are meant to be smoked"

I like this quote, and so it is. I pulled this attractive red tube out of the humidor, pulled off the top and removed this jewel from it's sheath. The presentation of this cigar is a work of art with an artistic band wrapped around a beautiful smooth wrapper of mocha color. The cap was perfect and looking at the foot, you can see the oils present that glistened as the camera flashed.

I used a double guillotine cutter for a nice straight cut. It had a sweet, easy pre light draw. I toasted with a double torch, but light with a match. My first taste of this legendary cigar was amazing. A large cloud of deep colored smoke and an earthy flavor.

As I puffed slowly on this stick, I saw a beautiful light gray ash and a true even burn. The flavor was earthy, yet sweet like molasses. Half way through the first third, it was becoming complex loosing the sweetness and taking on a leathery flavor. About 20-25 minutes into the smoke, I was into the second part of my journey. Still complex flavor getting a slight nutty flavor. It took close to 45 minutes to get to the last third, but was worth the wait. This is the part of the smoke that was incredible. It kept getting better. Still strong with an good even bun and now the nutty flavor was joined by a woody, almost oak flavor. I don't drink any more, but I could see how this cigar could be complimented by a nice Chardonnay, or an aged Cognac. I chose coffee, which worked out great. I hated to put it down, but my fingers were burning.

All and all, this cigar was worth every penny. In my opinion, I can't believe that I am going to say this, I liked it better than Opus X.
1st.gif

Now I need to try the 2007, damn it! Well I guess it will have to wait until I go back to work. At least I have a couple more of the 06 in the humi. LOL

GOF1.jpg

GOF2.jpg

Who's that Ugly grey haired man in the picture lol :laugh:

Great review, that cigar must of really impress you to make such a bold statement such as "In my opinion, I can't believe that I am going to say this, I liked it better than Opus X." (Cigarman Andy) :cool:

David

Great review Andy, I've smoked one of these before and the construction and burn were picture perfect. Great smoke.

Great review on an incredible stick. I have a box of the '06 Churchills that I'm waiting for the warmer weather to break into.

Nice review again Andy. The look of total satisfaction on your face is a review in itself. :thumbs:

Great review! I'm certainly adding this stick to a list of "must-try" cigars!

Great review! I have always wanted to try one of these, but they are way hard to find where I live. Looks like a beautiful smoke!

Great review! I've only had two of these (and one Don Carlos GOF) but they were both just spectacular.

~Boar

Nice review brother. I like the photo sequence at the end. IMO, there is not a whole lot of difference in the two. You can definitely tell Carlito is heavily influenced by his father, but I'd say the Carlito has a little more Oomph, and the Don Carlos has a bit more finesse, if that makes any sense.

It was great meeting you today, and getting a chance to Herf with you Andy. Wish I would of had more time, but a two hour lunch break was already pushing it. :whistling:

Thanks for hooking me up with a nice trade as well.

Great review! I've only had two of these (and one Don Carlos GOF) but they were both just spectacular.

~Boar

Boar,

What did you notice the differences were between the Don Carlos and the Carlito?

It was subtle and I can't put my finger on why, exactly, but I thought the Don Carlos tasted better.

The Carlito had more strength and a bit less flavor. With both, every puff was like "woah . . . strong!!!" even though the flavor wasn't. Genuinely brought new meaning to the phrase "full-bodied" because it was a full body reaction. And on that score, the Carlito had more of it than the Don Carlos.

I want more now, definitely. The three and four packs aren't so far out of reach I can't snag one every now and again.

~Boar

~Boar

Boar,

What did you notice the differences were between the Don Carlos and the Carlito?

It was subtle and I can't put my finger on why, exactly, but I thought the Don Carlos tasted better.

The Carlito had more strength and a bit less flavor. With both, every puff was like "woah . . . strong!!!" even though the flavor wasn't. Genuinely brought new meaning to the phrase "full-bodied" because it was a full body reaction. And on that score, the Carlito had more of it than the Don Carlos.

I want more now, definitely. The three and four packs aren't so far out of reach I can't snag one every now and again.

~Boar

Thanks brother. I am going to order a 5er of the DC tonight to try.

Nice review!
I've smoked one of these, and I have to say that it was better than I expected.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would have bought some before the holidays, but passed due to the availability of the Don Carlos Anni.
They are a definite on my "stupid money" cigar list. :blush:

Very good review! Got my mouth watering. I can't wait to try one of these!

As always, great review, Andy!

I may need to try one myself if you say it is better than the Opus.....those are fighting words.