• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Since we don't have a Bad Trader forum

tkoepp

Lil' RASScal
Just a note for all other CP'ers. BEWARE ... :angry: :angry:

SPIVY entered into a verbal / written agreement to purchase roughly 1000 dollars of Davidoffs and Dunhills in my previous sale, only to renig on the entire order. While some of you might call "No foul" mind you this is an agreement. I had contacted everyone involved and stated that these were sold only to go back and recant my previous statement. These sticks will resell obviously but that's not the point.

The BIGGEST disappointment is that I had to tell some interested parties that I no longer had a certain stick because SPIVY had "reserved" them.

SPIVY.. I for one must say that this is unacceptable behavior and if this continues, your time here will be short.

Tim - You "reserved" these smokes for Spivy? As in, was holding on to them so he could get the money? Then, he wasn't able to follow through? Just wanting to make sure I'm understanding.

Tim,
I completely understand where you are coming from, and I understand your frustration. I admit telling you that I wanted the smokes, and I do. At the same time that I said I wanted your smokes, I was offered a very expensive set of cigars (1492), which I was trying to get money moved so that I could order them. I am currently not able to purchase both, and that is why I tried to find another member to take the smokes. Again, I agree that it is unacceptable and it wont happen again. I know that this may not alleviate your frustration, but I am not trying to hide from what I did and hope that everyone can move on.

Ed

Just a note for all other CP'ers. BEWARE ... :angry: :angry:

SPIVY entered into a verbal / written agreement to purchase roughly 1000 dollars of Davidoffs and Dunhills in my previous sale, only to renig on the entire order. While some of you might call "No foul" mind you this is an agreement. I had contacted everyone involved and stated that these were sold only to go back and recant my previous statement. These sticks will resell obviously but that's not the point.

The BIGGEST disappointment is that I had to tell some interested parties that I no longer had a certain stick because SPIVY had "reserved" them.

SPIVY.. I for one must say that this is unacceptable behavior and if this continues, your time here will be short.

I know I was told no mojitas for me, but apparently Spivy had already PURCHASED them :(.

Jim

Sorry would suffice! Wrong is wrong. Anything else makes it sound like your making an excuse

Its not me you should be apologizing to SPIVY, what I am MORE pissed about it there were people that wanted smokes that you had reserved. They either didn't get what they wanted or missed the boat because of you.

To be honest, I don't buy your story of 1492, as I know when and where these are available and when you said you had an offer on a BOX. I knew that you'd be in a VERY long line of people that if they were offered wouldn't hesitate.
Much less they would not be concerned about a $1000, that's chump change if you can swing 1492's at 30-35k a HUMIDOR.

Sounds like deal gone sour to me... but I wouldn't really consider it grounds to tell a guy that his time here may be short lived because he couldn't muster the funds to buy the smokes in the end...
My 2 cents.
Chris

Edit: This is assuming that these are all the details and no other things have happened.

Tim,
I completely understand where you are coming from, and I understand your frustration. I admit telling you that I wanted the smokes, and I do. At the same time that I said I wanted your smokes, I was offered a very expensive set of cigars (1492), which I was trying to get money moved so that I could order them. I am currently not able to purchase both, and that is why I tried to find another member to take the smokes. Again, I agree that it is unacceptable and it wont happen again. I know that this may not alleviate your frustration, but I am not trying to hide from what I did and hope that everyone can move on.

Ed

Take a look at the quote in my signature because it will serve you well. You should have passed on the 1492 and followed through with the deal you made with Tim, end of story.

Jim

Could just be Champagne taste with a beer pocketbook...

Tim,

Ed

Take a look at the quote in my signature because it will serve you well. You should have passed on the 1492 and followed through with the deal you made with Tim, end of story.

Jim

Jim,
I completely agree with you, and know and am admitting that I am wrong. I apologize to everyone who was effected by the sale.

Ed

Sounds like deal gone sour to me... but I wouldn't really consider it grounds to tell a guy that his time here may be short lived because he couldn't muster the funds to buy the smokes in the end...
My 2 cents.
Chris

Edit: This is assuming that these are all the details and no other things have happened.

I guess you missed the part that states "IF THIS CONTINUES"

Yeah, but still, i mean, it was a crap move, but I've seen worse stuff go on here with much less of a serious backlash before.
Chris

Its not me you should be apologizing to SPIVY, what I am MORE pissed about it there were people that wanted smokes that you had reserved. They either didn't get what they wanted or missed the boat because of you.

To be honest, I don't buy your story of 1492, as I know when and where these are available and when you said you had an offer on a BOX. I knew that you'd be in a VERY long line of people that if they were offered wouldn't hesitate.
Much less they would not be concerned about a $1000, that's chump change if you can swing 1492's at 30-35k a HUMIDOR.

He's telling the truth about the 1492. I know of his source and the story behind it as I was informed about it privately awhile back.

1994's are lesser known, but generally thought of as tastier. ;)

Not good, not good at all.

So, having ordered around 500 bucks in davidoff's from Tkoepp and knowing SPIVY,

I was pretty frustrated on missing a few sticks, the Cabinetta's come to mind, so I know what Tkoepp means when he says "others missed out." It was very hectic as a sale.

Spivy's new, cut him a little slack. Do you know how hard that guy is busting his ass on the whole Newbie war??