• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dalwhinnie 15 yo Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Dalwhinnie 15 yo Central Highland Single Malt Scotch, Dumpy style bottle, 750 ml, $40-50.

Dalwhinnie%2015.jpg

The day started with almost 6" of snow on the ground. My tractor didn't want to start (low battery) so out I went with shovel in hand. Managed to shovel out my 200+' of driveway before the battery charged enough to start the tractor. Oh well, it's ready for the snow that is coming today.

Such hard work deserves a treat so later that afternoon I fired up the Jacuzzi tub and climbed in with a glass of Dalwhinnie 15 you to keep me company for a while. Dalwhinnie, which calls itself " The Gentle Spirit", has a nice golden color and noses fresh with a slight peppery tinge. If used with water it becomes a bit more rounded.

The taste is a little dry with a citrus-salty character that is improved with a little water. While the finish is rather short with a slightly salty flavor hanging on a bit longer.

Dalwhinne is one of the Classic Malts of Scotland and their example of a Highland malt. While it is unique in many ways I would rate this as a solid middle performer and an alternative to the standard highland malts you may have heard more about.

What is a Dumpy Bottle? got a Pic? Sounds like my kind of drink actually

This is what it looks like
Dalwhinnie%2015.jpg

i call them the fat midget bottles :) AVB, you got the 20 yr. old Dal? I prefer the 15 over the 20 surprisingly.

I just have the 15 yo, it will be a while before I'd get the 20. Too many others to try :D

A friend brought over a bottle last night. Damn! What a great Scotch. Oh so smooth with a subtle caramel sweetness. We polished off the bottle by night's end. I'll be adding a couple bottles to the cabinet soon.

Also got a bottle of this yesterday. Havent cracked it open yet though. I have been on a scotch buying spree, have 8 bottles in the collection now :)

Call me odd, but I like this one a great deal. Smooth and easy, but more complex than other silky smooth offerings like Chivas Regal etc.

Always good for when you don't what the full attack of complexity and heady nature of some other single malts.