• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hate to do this...

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
As much as I hate to post this, it's something that has to be done. I posted a GB for the PC game L4D2 last month here, looking for three others to join in and get it at a discount. I did get enough to go ahead and get the four pack, Jamie being one of them. Unfortunately, I never received payment from him, and have not heard from him since Nov 26. I know it's bad form to post a PM, however after discussing with a couple others, I'm going to go ahead and post the PM thread below.

I know it's not a lot ($33.75), but still it's something that's really been bothering me as he and I have been fairly decent buddies for a while now. I've been hoping that he would send the money, or at least sign on and tell me what's going on. What's bad is he has actually done this before (last year?) to another brother on CigarPass, except it was cigars. Jamie bought a fiver and said he sent payment, never showed, said he sent again, never showed. I do believe the other situation finally did get resolved after a couple months.

One last thing is, Jamie shared with me who his SS kid is, and he did sign on last week under SS and respond to his kid that the package was on its way. However, he obviously didn't sign on under his s/n and respond to me. I'm very curious to find out if he really did send out a package.

Again, it pains me to have to post this, however it needed to be done.

Subject: L4D2
Sent: 01 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

You gotta know im in on the 4 pack deal

Sent: 01 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

Well, just heard from Swissy and he's holding off on getting it. I'm sure Jimmy is out for the count as well. Was hoping some folks would jump in and start playing. Ah well, if not I guess I'll pay the $45.

Sent: 01 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

I think there is are still a few days left to pre order it. Maybe a couple of folks will bite on it and we can get the 4 pack deal.

Sent: 07 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

You still have me inculded in the L4D2 4 pack deal dont you? Just looking to save a few bucks here and there when i can.

Sent: 07 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, still need one more to do it though. I was hoping Jim would jump in, but he just got the Borderlands game. I'm tempted to get it as I see him and Peterscreek playing it a lot. I haven't seen ya on L4D for a while, you playing anymore?

Sent: 07 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

Yeah im still playing. Have to go idle some so i can take of the kido ya know.

Sent: 09 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

Sup man!

Gonna be $33.75 for the L4D2, send PP or check either way.

Thanks!

Sent: 10 November 2009 - 06:56 AM

Ok ill get that to you.

Sent: 13 November 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hey Brudda! Was ya sending a check for the L4D or PP? I needs to get the funds back in that I spent out on the game. Lemme know!

Greg

Sent: 13 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

Ah heck man it totally slipped my mind. I'll get a MO in the mail to you tomorrow.

Sent: 19 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hey Mang!

Wanted to shoot a reminder, was hoping you mighta dropped the payment in the pass?

Thanks!

Greg

Sent: 20 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hey Jamie,

Just wondering if everything's okay. I noticed the status under your name showed, "Jamie has left the conversation" for this PM.

Greg

Sent: 21 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hey,

Was wondering what was up, wasn't sure if you got my last PM regarding the money for the L4D2. It shows in the PM that you "left the conversation", which is something I've never seen before. I got the pass in today and thought maybe you would've included the money in there, kill two birds with one stone type thing. I know it's not a huge amount of money, but would still appreciate if you could get it to me. Lemme know something...

Much appreciated,

Greg

Sent: 21 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

I deleted all my old PMs so I guess that's why it said I left. I mailed the money off at the first of the week. If you don't get it Monday just let me know and I'll send more. I would never try to mess you over.

Jamie

Sent: 21 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

Ah okay, cool man! Yeah, I'd say it musta got lost in the mail as it usually takes about a day mail time if sent early, two if mailed late in the day.

I tell ya what, that game we played last night was THE hardest L4D game I've played to date. Can you IMAGINE trying to get across that bridge on expert?? Dayum!

Sent: 23 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hey Jamie,

Mail just got dropped off and still nothing. I'd say it's safe to assume it's lost. I'm hoping it wasn't a MO.

Sent: 26 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Well luckly it was a personal check. I dropped another one in the mail yesterday so lets hope we have better luck this time. I'm wondering if i should have the bank cancel that check or if its null pretty much already because it was made out to you.

Sent: 30 November 2009 - 01:24 PM

I hate to keep having to send this message, but there's still nothing in the mail as of today. Are you putting the right addy on there? One in my profile? Can you go ahead and just send via PP? If payment does ever show, I could just tear it up.

Sent: 08 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

Sup man...you gonna pay me for the L4D2 game?

Sent: Today, 12:14 PM

Jamie...bro...I see you signed on to respond to the SS, no computer for couple weeks? Shame that. But if you could sign on to respond to the SS, then you could sign on and respond to me. I gotta ask...did I piss you off or something? Is there a reason for not responding to me? For not paying me for the L4D2 game? Dude, I thought we were buds.

I need you to send me the money you owe me.

Well, let's see what happens now that you posted it Greg. Thanks for letting everyone know so buyer can beware of a pattern coming to light. We all want to think the best of people.

ETA: Wow! This goes back almost two months. That's far too long to go without payment, or recent communication.

Wow I totally called him out over there.... I honestly forgot about that until I opened the link. My 2 cents on this sort of shit, and why I tear into guys that do it, is accountability is the lifeblood of any respectable person. It doesn't matter how fucked things are, do your damn job. Why does this stuff have to be so hard? If you can't handle your business don't sign up for the trade/gb/SS/PIF/Pass/whatever, it isn't rocket science. I managed to get 2 SS packages out timely while laid up in bed recovering from abdominal surgery, what is your excuse for being a month delinquent on a payment?

He's been given multiple chances where he's screwed up. IMO, he doesn't belong here anymore, plain and simple. Screw the community once, shame on him. Screw the community twice, shame on us for not knowing better. Screw the community a third time, and shame on us for not banning him sooner.

Banhammer time.
BANHAMMER.png

Ah yes, I remember that clusterf#ck well. Glad to see that some things never change.

Incredible how people don't mind their reputations ruined over $33.75.

Pull up your skirt jy0567 and make this right. If you've had time to get your SS shit, both sent to you and sent out to your SS, you've had time to get this straightened out. You've been given way too much time IMO.

He's been given multiple chances where he's screwed up. IMO, he doesn't belong here anymore, plain and simple. Screw the community once, shame on him. Screw the community twice, shame on us for not knowing better. Screw the community a third time, and shame on us for not banning him sooner.

X2....We are all only as good as our word. My word is my bond.

Bond, James Bond!

All kidding aside, has Rod been notified? If not this is like a herf post without pictures!

I have to disagree with souldog a little here. I say screw someone once, shame on you and get the fugg out.

Mistakes are one thing, but not holding up your end of the bargain just because you're irresponsible is unacceptable. Second chances are for this:

If he is dead or injured, he has an excuse.

Brian

not for people being in over their head in voluntary responsibilities. Personally, I'm sick of all the "I'm sorry I crapped all over you" apologies in the world today. How about people just stop the crapping on others in the first place. It's one thing to be friendly, it's another to let people walk all over your good will. I think we're guilty of the latter around here too often.

JMHO, and yeah, I'm in a bad fugging mood

Edited to clean up my language.

Make it right.

NOW.

Just_About_Enough.jpg

Two months is much to long to let things like this fester. You were right to out the asshat and demand satisfaction Greg. Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened to you... :(

You know where he lives, I say you hire a professional leg breaker. I'm sure souldog will do it for free.

You know where he lives, I say you hire a professional leg breaker. I'm sure souldog will do it for free.

This is the kind of post that has no business being posted in a thread like this. Especially by a newb who has no dog in this fight. This is a serious situation that can ultimately end up in someone being forced out of the community, so if you don't have something relevant to say in the thread, don't say it.

......what is your excuse for being a month delinquent on a payment?
There isn't one. Period.

It's one of life's lessons that unfortunately, lots of folks never learn. And, it's so simple - Don't make commitments you can't keep..!!

In the context of the community, I think folks are very willing to give a guy a chance to redeem himself. Some folks deserve it, some don't. This has the appearances of being the latter case....

Good luck, Greg - B.B.S.

Bond, James Bond!

All kidding aside, has Rod been notified? If not this is like a herf post without pictures!

No, I was just browsing the forum and just now happened to come across this thread.

If he has been given multiple chances and still can't come through on his end, then he doesn't belong here. Allowing someone to stay here who is irresponsible at trading only leaves the door open for others to get screwed.

jy0567 - Do you have anything to say?

FYI, there is no indication that Jamie has sent out his SS obligation yet. I'll check with his Kid and get back to you on this.

:cool: