• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Banned Members

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
So I notice I catch a few banned members on the forum a couple times a week, what can and can't they see?

What privileges are removed? Is it just posting and what not?

Just curiosity!!!

So I notice I catch a few banned members on the forum a couple times a week, what can and can't they see?

What privileges are removed? Is it just posting and what not?

Just curiosity!!!

Name Names!

Well today it was Sam - in2xshp, every now and then I will scroll down and catch a black texted member under the active members section, and low and behold after clicking on them they turn out to be banned members.

Just curious if they have all the same privileges we have and they just can't post?

I would assume that is related to banned members having a "Last Active" recently. Rod mentioned something about it back in the Karma/Ghost/Trevor thing because Karma had been banned for some time but had a recent "Last Active". Outside of the Power button and Delete History I know nothing of computers so I'm not the one to explain why it happens, but I'd be willing to bet they are related.

I signed out and was able to peruse through the threads, however everything was pretty much grayed out as far as posting and what not. So, anyone can come in and see what's happening I imagine.

Except for the Marketplace portion of the forums. Or at least that's how it was last time I didn't realize I was logged out...

In the past Rod mentioned that login attempts on banned accounts will update the 'last active' function. It is possible that the guy just clicks his CP bookmark and it updates him to being online, although his account has no privs.

In the past Rod mentioned that login attempts on banned accounts will update the 'last active' function. It is possible that the guy just clicks his CP bookmark and it updates him to being online, although his account has no privs.

Thanks brother, I was just wondering. I saw him on the last active page at least 5 times since he's been banned, maybe he's just persistent. :laugh:

Ok, this is something that has bugged me so Rod, if you get a minute, would you please explain how the banned process works and what they can/can't see and do? Take for instance one of the latest banned members, cubanita. I have noticed his name in the Members Online section virtually every day this week and his name is a different color than the others, I would assumed because he's banned. Does that mean he is viewing CP every day, multiple times per day? Because that's like Burtch in a trenchcoat outside the Omaha girls' window kind of spooky. Can he view the same things an unregistered person can? When you get a chance please. Thanks.

Moe - When a banned member attempts to login, they should not be able to access any data. All controls are disabled. I just made another change which should prevent them from even showing up in the active list upon login attempts. If you like, I can ban you and we can do a thorough test to see exactly what happens, and then report back here. If you want me to ban you, just email me at rod@cigarpass.com - and we can coordinate a time to do a quick ban. Let me know if you'd like to test.

Moe had to step away from his computer for a minute, but he told me he is in favor of volunteering for the ban test. His exact words were "Anything I can do to help CP, I will do."

Moe had to step away from his computer for a minute, but he told me he is in favor of volunteering for the ban test. His exact words were "Anything I can do to help CP, I will do."

I heard it more like "I'm out of here!" :sign: :laugh:

That's funny to you two? An innocent member being bullied and threatened by the Mods? We live in a world of threads. And these threads need guided off topic. Who's gonna do it? You, T36? You, Jay? I have a greater responsibility than you two can possibly fathom. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves threads. You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me threadjacking. You need me threadjacking.

Oh, and Rod? Don't ban me bro. :D Thanks for the response.

Can we vote on this ???

That hurts, Ray. The other two, well, what do you expect. But this just hurts coming from you.

Rod , as per the terms of my 2010 CigarPass Marque Member contract, I would like to use one "auto ban" on MoeCizlak.

A 72 hour ban would be sufficient....just enough time to enjoy a peaceful weekend without his constant rabble rousing.