• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reinado

bluue13

I received this smoke in a free sample from Reinado cigars and after letting it rest in my humi for a month or so I figured it was time to try it out.

Construction is great. Dark and oily with a few prominent veins, firm to the touch, but it gives just enough when squeezed.

The aroma is almost a sweet dark honey aroma with a hint of tobacco and spice. After clipping the cap the prelight draw shows a nice mild spice and pleasant sweetness.

After torching the foot and blowing on the embers, I take a few quick puffs to get it going and then a nice deep pull. The flavors are showing a nice creamy milk chocolatey smoke and really nice tobacco flavors. The finish is long and flavorful.

Throughout the first third I'm getting a really nice mild chocolatey/coffee flavor with just a hint of caramel developing toward the end. It is proving the be a really nice smoke and continues to have a great finish. The burn is spot on with a nice firm light gray ash forming which holds until tapped off.

The second third is yielding great deep coffee flavors and the body starts to develop more toward the med-full range. After each exhale I catch almost a praline type flavor on the finish. Really quite nice and a great cigar to enjoy after a long day at work. During the second third the burn started to go astray a bit but it ended up fixing itself.

During the last third the flavors deepened tremendously into really rich toasty tobacco and dark chocolate. There is a slight bitterness to the smoke now but it isn't off-putting. I remind myself to slow down a bit and the bitterness mellows out. The burn remained sharp until the end and I found myself really savoring each exhale and enjoying all of the flavors the cigar had to offer.

Overall I give this smoke a 4/5 and would definitely purchase more. I can see this smoke being even better after a year of down time.
Reinado.jpg

I've been meaning to try one of these. It looks like it's gonna be sooner than later. Nice review.

Sounds good. Maybe I'll my local will get them in since A.L. never sent mine out.

MMM! Sweet Nics, my favorite.

Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbs:

great review! sounds like a nice after dinner smoke perhaps

Didn't want to start a new topic not having any pics or anything, but I tried the torpedo I received and it was pretty impressive! A rich flavor with good, not overpowering, spice to it. It kind of reminded me of an OPUS X in a strange way. Will definitely try to get some more of them!!