• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheese fix for October

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I am a bleu cheese addict. Any type or kind will do but Roquefort is way up there in the top two or three. One of the items that has accelerated the dumbing down of America is the substitution of bleu cheese dressing for Roquefort dressing. I'm here to fix that problem. This is what I use to make my own. It's not my recipe but I've been using it for a long time.

Ingredients:

* 2 cups mayonnaise
* 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
* 8 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and garlic powder, and process until smooth. Store in tightly covered jar in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve over tossed salad greens.

A variation I use is to cut out 1/2 cup of mayo and hand fold in the cheese (2 oz more is better) at the end so that it is chunky instead of creamy.

My older sister introduced me to real Roquefert cheese and sliced pears . . . it's one of those perfect food combos, like prosciutto and cantalope, or avocado and shrimp, that is WAY more than the sum of its parts.

~Boar

Nice ray, we always keep 2-3 types of bleu on hand. I will definitely try this recipe out

Try it, you'll like it :p

My older sister introduced me to real Roquefert cheese and sliced pears . . . it's one of those perfect food combos, like prosciutto and cantalope, or avocado and shrimp, that is WAY more than the sum of its parts.

~Boar

I find it amazing that a degree in English can make even a Texan civilized.

Doc.

Very nice Ray. I made a dipping sauce for wings this weekend that called for Cabrales. Being in Iowa somewhat limits my access to certain ingredients but I did find a Valdeon that was wonderful and the sauce turned out beautifully.

I'm hard pressed to find Cabrales in Baltimore and when I do it's like $22 a pound. Valdeon at least is a bit more reasonable at $15 lb here. There are some mail order places that you can get damn near any cheese but some of the prices are way up there.

I'm a sucker for Gorgonzola with walnuts and honey. Take a little hunk of cheese, a walnut, drizzle with honey--repeat as necessary. Dangerously good.

Nice recipe my wife love bleu cheese so I am going to try and make this to see if she likes Roquefort better.

I love blue cheese and most other cheeses also. The Kind of cheese I cant figure out why people like is Goats milk cheese and stinky type cheeses (like from Germany). Strong goats milk cheese tast like someone washed a old stinky billy goat and used the bath water to make cheese.

You just haven't had good goat's milk cheese, then. Get the French kind, rolled in herbs or peppercorns.

I found a SMOKED blue cheese at the gourmet kiosk in my supermarket today. I can't wait to see what that one's like. :love:

~Boar

You just haven't had good goat's milk cheese, then. Get the French kind, rolled in herbs or peppercorns.

I found a SMOKED blue cheese at the gourmet kiosk in my supermarket today. I can't wait to see what that one's like. :love:

~Boar
I'll try to find some. Iv'e tried several kinds and the one kind I liked was very mild. I do like sharp cheese however. Thanks.