• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mushroom Stuffed Eye Round Roast

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Ingredients:
  • 1 eye of round roast, 2 1/2 - 3 pounds
  • 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 10 ounces sliced or coarse chopped mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1 1/2 cups of bread cubes (crumbs will work but not as well) (Cube 2 pieces of bread if you don't have pre-made bread cubes)

Instructions:

Get the roast ready by making a lengthwise cut down center cutting to within about 1/2 inch of the bottom. Do not cut through. Open roast and turn over. Repeat procedure making two lengthwise cuts through center of right and left sides, taking care not to cut through roast. You want to end up with a slab of meat instead of a round piece of meat.

Open roast and beat to an even thickness roast using a meat mallet. Place the roast in plastic bag and add the red wine and beef broth. Marinate in the fridge for about 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.

In a large heavy bottom skillet saute the garlic, onion and mushrooms in the butter. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and bread cubes. Take meat out of the fridge and remove from the marinade. Pat it dry and discard the marinade.

Spread the mushroom stuffing mixture over meat and roll like a jelly roll starting with long side. Tie roll with kitchen twine in at least three places.

Place seam side down on a roasting rack in a large baking pan or roasting pan; roast uncovered at 325° for 40 to 60 minutes, or about 20 minutes per pound. Let roast rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serves 4 (if you're lucky :p)

This also goes well with the onion blue cheese sauce I use for steaks. Linky