• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Springbank 15 yo Campbeltown Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Springbank 15 yo, Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch. 750 ml, old style bottle, 92 proof. About $80.

Springbank%2015.JPG

After a bit of a break and to read some of the other reviews that were posted it is time to get back in the swing of things with another review of my own.

We had a full blown cookout yesterday with three other couples, the food was great and the weather was perfect until about 5pm when the thundershowers started to roll in. Adjourning into the house, the women did the coffee klatch thing in the kitchen while the men hit the living room and the liquor cabinet. Not having any real Scotch drinkers beside myself, my stash was safe :). A nice 3 finger pour of Springbank was my choice.

The availability of older Springbank is cyclic, the 10 yo is almost always around but the 15 is hard to find when the 21 yo is available and the 21 can't be found when the 15 is available. Having finished my bottle of 21 I knew that unless I wanted to pay a premium of 2-3 times the list price I wasn't going to get another 21 yo for a few years. So a 15 yo was the more than suitable substitute.

Springbank 15 yo has a nice amber color that is fragrant and well balance upon first nosing. The sea is evident but not as strong as an Islay scotch. Fruit and hints of leather come to mind and upon tasting one can discern apples as the fruit. The taste is full and well balanced and starts with the sherry sweetness and ends with the aforementioned apples, salt and a light smoke. A very complex flavor that my limited skills can't adequately describe. The finish is exceptionally long and the flavors seem to change at different periods of time after the swallow.

Springbank has a well deserved following among Scotch drinkers as it should. A bottle of 10 or 15 yo should be in anyone’s bar that considers themselves a Single Malt fan. Highly recommended.
:thumbs:

thanks for another great review, I'll have to keep an eye out for one of these :thumbs:

You can find the 10 yo and should like that. The 15 is just better. :love:

Another excellent review AVB. Thank you! And, indeed, no self-respecting single malt arsenal is complete with out a bottle of this (in any variation).

Yeah, I been wanting to try Springbank for awhile....hard to find in the area though...and I ever more wanna try its rarer cousin, Longrow!

PaulMac

I reviewed Longrow already, see my review #16 if you haven't already.