• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bushmills Millennium Malt

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Bushmills Millennium Malt, 750 ml, 24 year old, 86 proof, rectangular bottle, price varies as explained below.

Bushmills%20Millennium%20Malt.JPG

I like Irish whiskey for a change of pace but in general I prefer scotch. This is an exception. Millennium Malt is a single malt, single cask limited edition distilled in 1975 for the 2000 millennium. Unlike the 21 or 16yo Bushmills this sat only in an oak cask for it's entire life instead of 3 different ones as the the others. While the 16 is good, the 21 better this is the real deal, pure Irish and the best I've had.

Millenium malt is marketed a bit different also. Unlike a mass produced whiskey Millennium malt was offered to specialty stores by the cask for private bottling. Mine is bottle 48 of 66 from cask 48 bottled for Hi-Time Wine Cellars. I've heard that the entire production was limited to 1000 bottles but haven't been able to verify this. Because of the private bottling prices range from about $125 to over $200 a bottle depending on where you can find it.

Today was another day spent taking care of the yard, cutting grass, planting 8 bushes, triming some of the trees and all the other things it takes to keep the place looking half-assed presentable. After dinner and a Gurkha Signature (really a VERY good smoke) I opened up my bottle for the first time, poured some in the glass and went out on the deck to watch the fireflys come up as the sun went down.

The whiskey (note Irish WhiskEY and Scotch WhiskY) noses a thick leathery orange with honey, a combination I've not found in other Irish whiskies.....wonderful. The first taste is a near perfect blend of malt and honey sitting on top of solid oak freshness. While not overly spicey you can taste apple and orange with a bit of something that reminds me of cinnamon but not that strong. The flavor is fairly complex with new discoveries at almost every sip. The finish is fairly long with the honey sweetness interplayed with the spices. Bushmills doesn't get any better than this.

Easily a 5 star drink that almost any scotch lover would ask for more of. If you even think you like Irish whiskey you owe it to yourself to try somehow, someplace.
wub.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Great review...

I'll have to pick up a bottle of this - I've never had it. Didn't realize it wasn't a 3-wood like the rest...

- Oak

Thanks for another great review. I've never cared for Bushmills but this one sounds like a winner.

PM me if you want to find some at a decent price.

Thanks for the review. Once in a while I like Irish and have the regular Bushmills and one other in stock. I will be trying this one for sure.

Hi -

I split a cask of this with some friends and family way back when. Your bottle is actually bottle number 66 from cask 48. The cask number is the first line. Our cask number was closer to 100, and each cask yielded slightly more than 250 bottles so assuming there were at least 100 casks, the total yield was likely closer to 25,000 bottles, but I'm glad to see that it truly was a Millenium malt and not something they put out every year. I've seen prices as high as $300/bottle.

I've found the flavor to be significantly different than any of the other Bushmills whiskeys. Very smooth, balanced and slightly fruitey - delicious, but not necessarily what you would expect from an Irish whiskey.

(One complaint - approx 8 years after delivery now and every front label falls off when I remove it from the box. Nothing a glue stick can't fix luckily: ;))

Cheers!

Bushmills Millennium Malt, 750 ml, 24 year old, 86 proof, rectangular bottle, price varies as explained below.

Bushmills%20Millennium%20Malt.JPG

I like Irish whiskey for a change of pace but in general I prefer scotch. This is an exception. Millennium Malt is a single malt, single cask limited edition distilled in 1975 for the 2000 millennium. Unlike the 21 or 16yo Bushmills this sat only in an oak cask for it's entire life instead of 3 different ones as the the others. While the 16 is good, the 21 better this is the real deal, pure Irish and the best I've had.

Millenium malt is marketed a bit different also. Unlike a mass produced whiskey Millennium malt was offered to specialty stores by the cask for private bottling. Mine is bottle 48 of 66 from cask 48 bottled for Hi-Time Wine Cellars. I've heard that the entire production was limited to 1000 bottles but haven't been able to verify this. Because of the private bottling prices range from about $125 to over $200 a bottle depending on where you can find it.

Today was another day spent taking care of the yard, cutting grass, planting 8 bushes, triming some of the trees and all the other things it takes to keep the place looking half-assed presentable. After dinner and a Gurkha Signature (really a VERY good smoke) I opened up my bottle for the first time, poured some in the glass and went out on the deck to watch the fireflys come up as the sun went down.

The whiskey (note Irish WhiskEY and Scotch WhiskY) noses a thick leathery orange with honey, a combination I've not found in other Irish whiskies.....wonderful. The first taste is a near perfect blend of malt and honey sitting on top of solid oak freshness. While not overly spicey you can taste apple and orange with a bit of something that reminds me of cinnamon but not that strong. The flavor is fairly complex with new discoveries at almost every sip. The finish is fairly long with the honey sweetness interplayed with the spices. Bushmills doesn't get any better than this.

Easily a 5 star drink that almost any scotch lover would ask for more of. If you even think you like Irish whiskey you owe it to yourself to try somehow, someplace.
wub.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for your input on the cask numbering and you are probably correct about the bottle total, I didn't have all the information then that I do now.

Hopefully you will do an introduction in the proper forum and become a contributing member of CP.

Hi Times is a great store here in California. and your review made me drool. Been eyeing either a middleton or a bushmill for awhile now. time to add a new one to the shelf if i can find it at a decent price. So great now instead of just grabbing the regular bottle now i gotta get both.

Great review...

I'll have to pick up a bottle of this - I've never had it. Didn't realize it wasn't a 3-wood like the rest...

- Oak

Actually Sherry and Bourbon casks - so double casked.
I owned cask 368 and have all the documentation.
IrishSprit.com are selling my cask bottles and they ship worldwide (but do check with them first)

1998LetterfromMasterDistiller.jpg

Hi -

I split a cask of this with some friends and family way back when. Your bottle is actually bottle number 66 from cask 48. The cask number is the first line. Our cask number was closer to 100, and each cask yielded slightly more than 250 bottles so assuming there were at least 100 casks, the total yield was likely closer to 25,000 bottles, but I'm glad to see that it truly was a Millenium malt and not something they put out every year. I've seen prices as high as $300/bottle.

I've found the flavor to be significantly different than any of the other Bushmills whiskeys. Very smooth, balanced and slightly fruitey - delicious, but not necessarily what you would expect from an Irish whiskey.

(One complaint - approx 8 years after delivery now and every front label falls off when I remove it from the box. Nothing a glue stick can't fix luckily: ;))

Cheers!
After 22 years since bottling I did find the labels a bit crinkled but thank goodness none of mine needed any glue!
What cask number did you have?

Thanks for your input on the cask numbering and you are probably correct about the bottle total, I didn't have all the information then that I do now.

Hopefully you will do an introduction in the proper forum and become a contributing member of CP.
Thedealoffer.jpg
My cask was 368 and I believe only 350 were sold (some were used for internal staff gifts)

Hi Times is a great store here in California. and your review made me drool. Been eyeing either a middleton or a bushmill for awhile now. time to add a new one to the shelf if i can find it at a decent price. So great now instead of just grabbing the regular bottle now i gotta get both.
It's getting quite hard to find. 22 years since it was bottled! Irishspirit.com if you still want a bottle - they do ship but just double check your location with them.

I found 2 companies in Ireland where they will POST you a sample either 30ml or 55ml. Obviously check with them regards your own location.
I have no affiliation with these companies and the bottles are not from my own personal cask which is 368.
I see one of them is cask 332 and the other one does not state the cask. Looks like they both used a stock photo of cask 314 in their adverts.

Reported, again.
Reported again for what? Adding some factual and interesting information about a whiskey that people are interested in.
I owned a cask of this and have all the documentation.
I am not trying to sell anything - all my bottles are in the hands of a worldwide seller.
I love it when I can find companies selling drams or auction houses with bottles and happy to share this information to those that are interested.