• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glen Keith 10 yo Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Glen Keith 10 yo Highland Scotch, Square Dumpy bottle, Box packaging, 750 ml, 86 proof, about $35.

Glen%20Keith%2010.JPG

I finished my appointment and decided it wasn't worth the hour drive back to work just so I could finish up the last 30 minutes sitting in my chair. This got me home an hour early and it seemed like a great time for a Dram while waiting for the Mrs to come home.

Glen Keith (also known as Glenkeith) is a light golden color , a color that matches the flavor well. This is a traditional double distilled Highland Malt although the distillery was originally set up for triple distilling. The nose is soft, slightly sweet and grassy with just a bit of malt. This plays well with the tasting of fruits (spiced apple comes to mind) and malt that flows around your mouth. The finish is fairly quick and dry leaving a nice soft afterglow of the taste. However, even this is fairly short lived although good while it lasted.

Not a stellar performer but then few Scotches are. There is a 35 yo 1967 version ($140 range) that is worth finding as it is stunning :). As an "everyday" style dram or a change of pace this Glen Keith serves well and may become a favorite if you like the less smokey style of Scotch.

It seems Glen Kieth doesn't stir the taste buds of my fellow CP'ers.

AVB-

How would it be for a Scotch Virgin? Let me know. I'd like to get into Scotch. From what I'm been told, it's a really nice drink.

AVB said:
I'd look for some Royal Lochnagar, Balvenie Doublewood (I haven't reviiewed this one yet), Chivas Regal 18 yo or Glen Kinchie for starters. Glen Keith would be the next level if you like one of the others listed.
I second the Balvenie DoubleWood 12yr, also the Glenkinchie 10yr that AVB recommends. Dalwhinnie 15yr and Glenfiddich 15yr are also pretty good for beginners :thumbs:

I've also used Auchentoshan Select to successfully introduce a few friends. Even better its really cheap lol

PaulMac

I've been wondering where you've been (MC too), stop in more often.

Things got very crazy for awhile there, today was a big day, I told apartment complex I not renewin lease, and gave notice at my job of 9 yrs...so will prolly be crazy for a bit more, and then I be here much again