• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

W.L. Weller 19 yo Bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
W.L. Weller 19yo Bourbon, tall bottle, no box, 90 proof, about $45, no longer made.

W.L.%20Weller%2019.JPG

When the Stitzel-Weller Distillery closed in 1991 there were a few barrels of wheated bourbon left. These older barrels eventually became the W.L. Weller 19 yo that was bottled in 2000. A wheated bourbon is one that uses wheat in higher concentration then one would usually find in bourbon. Doing this gives a flavor unlike any other bourbon you've probably had.

The color is a nice mahogany brown, deep and rich. Upon nosing you know there is something different about this whiskey. Fruit, coffee and oak rise out of the glass to caress your nose. Tasting is dry and spicy with an oily sweetness on the sides of the tongue. It isn't as strong as the color or nose would make you think. The finish is apple, vanilla and oak with a deep smoothness that only comes from age.

I have no doubt if you like bourbon, this would become one of your favorites. I've been looking for a back-up bottle for 18 months so if you see it, buy one for yourself and one for me. My highest rating :thumbs: :love:

Great review, too bad it's no longer available. $45 is a great price for a terrific drink.

gregor22 said:
Great review, too bad it's no longer available. $45 is a great price for a terrific drink.
You should be able to find it in Vegas, you can find anything in Vegas if you spend enough :p

If you find some, don't let it stay in Vegas :p