• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Newbie "Get your feet wet" Pass

J

JonnyKu

Ok.

I also peruse the other forum (Cigar Weekly) and they had a great idea with their "Spirit of CW" Pass. It's a pass for newbies to get in on to get their feet wet and trained on how to properly do a put/take and ship items. And me being a newbie I haven't had the chance to participate in a cigar pass yet as I don't have enough of a reputation so I figured why not start one myself?

It won'to be quite like the "Spirit of the CW" pass but the only similarity here is that this will be fore newbies only so we can all get some experience and have some fun.

The requirements will be you have to have to be registered since September 2004 and have atleast 30 post counts. Having a Fog vouch for you is welcomed. I'm looking for maybe 5-7 newbies to sign up and we'll try and keep the cigars around the $3-5 range as we dont' have that extensive of a collection yet.

Before you sign up please read this thread on how to get in on a pass and what's involved and take note of the different tips and advices on packing the cigars

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=1376

And also read through some open and completed passes to know what your getting yourself into and what's required of you.

Then Please post here if there is any interests in this. FOGS, feel free to give us some advice and tips. If I get enough participation I will then post the list of cigars

The lineUp. Nothing fancy as I dont' have that much of a variety. I included 2 of the Onyx and Padron because I think they are excellent cigars for newbies to try
1) Padron 2000 Maduro 1/99
2) Padron 2000 Maduro 1/99
3) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
4) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
5) Punch Gran Puro
6) Ashton VSG Tres Mystique
7) Nat Sherman
8) Romeo Y Julietta Cedro Deluxe #2
9) Bacarat #1
10) La Gloria Cubana Serie R #6
11) La Perla Habana Black Pearl Gran Robusto
12) Ashton Cabinet #3

Participants

1) Jacknife
2)Kayakinboy
3) Wasch_24
4) ree ree robusto
5) hudsonvalley
6) Psytek (MiddleMan to help us out)

You definitely look like you got your stuff together here :thumbs: . I have you newbs have fun doing this, because in the end that's what it's all about :)

Way to go Jon! (sniff) It makes ya so proud when they strike out on their own.... :love:

I'd be interested but timing might be an issue for me depending on when this gets started.

Just my .02. ;)

Sometimes having someone experienced in passes, somewhere in the middle of the line-up, can be helpful.

They have a vested stake in the pass, can help oversee the P's & T's and can make sure the package is in good shape at the half way point.

geldor1 said:
Just my .02. ;)

Sometimes having someone experienced in passes, somewhere in the middle of the line-up, can be helpful.

They have a vested stake in the pass, can help oversee the P's & T's and can make sure the package is in good shape at the half way point.
That is a good point. Let's see if I can get the 5-7 newbies to sign up first, then I will probably kindly ask one of you more experienced passers to help out.

JonnyKu/Seizure,
According to your rules I am too new to get in on this but I have a few guys from CW that could vouch for me if you would be willing to let me in on this. I haven't ever done a box pass but I have done a few PIFs, trades, purchases, and the CW newbie trade. Check out my profile and comments over at CW. I would be more than happy to add to your newbie pass.

wasch_24 said:
JonnyKu/Seizure,
According to your rules I am too new to get in on this but I have a few guys from CW that could vouch for me if you would be willing to let me in on this. I haven't ever done a box pass but I have done a few PIFs, trades, purchases, and the CW newbie trade. Check out my profile and comments over at CW. I would be more than happy to add to your newbie pass.
Hey Wasch

Yea I've seen your posts over at CW, and you are building a good rep there. I'll add you to the list.

cvmfour said:
You definitely look like you got your stuff together here :thumbs: . I have you newbs have fun doing this, because in the end that's what it's all about :)
Shut up noob. :p

Kidding.

Post the stick lineup.

Cigar Lineup has been posted. We just need a handful more and we can get this pass rolling.

I'm in if you'll have me. The only way to run with the big dogs around here is to get my feet wet with the lil pups. ;) Joe M. and CC can vouch for me if you need a reference. I believe they know me well enough. I like what you've done for the newbies here!

Ree

Sounds good Ree,

You've been added. I'll let this run into the weekend. Hopefully 1-2 more people sign up and we can get this going on monday.

Also, does any FOG want to join in so he can be at the halfway point and make sure everything is still in order?

Johnny, I'd be willing to be your halfway pointl-man. I won't do any P&T's, but would be glad to check things out at that point. Don't know your lineup yet, so it may not work out geographically, but........ :D

Congrats on the good response. My first pass was a BALL!!! :thumbs:

Don't forget a Sharpie!! :sign:

I'm Looking foward to getting my feet wet, this will be my first pass ever. Should be fun! :thumbs: Good looking line up Jonnyku :thumbs: Comeon newbs, lets get this rolling.

I did my first one with another cigar forum last October. It was fun. This one should be a whole lot better! ;) It will be interesting to see how this one goes compared to the last. I look forward to this.

Ree

Very excited on this one. Good line up! a couple i've wanted to try and not found.