• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

George Washington Eggnog

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I'm making up a batch for Christmas.

The original recipe is in pints and is pretty strong.

A more civil version is in parentheses.
You can always make it stronger but it's hard to make it weaker.

1 pint brandy (8oz or 1 cup)
1/2 pint rye whiskey (2oz or 1/4 cup)
1/2 pint Jamaica rum (2oz or 1/4 cup)
1/4 pint sherry (1oz or 1/8 cup)
8-10 eggs
12 Tbsp sugar
1 qt milk
1 qt heavy cream

Mix liquors first, then separate yolks and whites of eggs. Beat yolks and add sugar, mixing well. Add liquor to mixture slowly, continuing to beat. Add milk and cream, slowly beating. Beat whites of eggs until stiff and fold slowly into mixture. Chill thoroughly.

I'm saving this recipe-will have to try it before new years. ;)

:thumbs:

It's that time of year again. Bump for all the noobs.

That time of year has again come around. Bump for the noobs.

Nobody likes Eggnog?

I will be trying this Saturday night for our holiday party.

Inform your guests this has raw eggs in it. Some folks are allergic.

The wifey was making Christmas cookies tonight so I whipped up a batch of this for her and she loved it. Thanks for the recipe AVB, it's an ace!

How'd you like it?
Drinking a glass right now with a Master Blends 3 torp. I mixed it extra sweet to please her but I still really enjoy it. My next batch will be a little stiffer, looking forward to it.

Extra sweet? it has 12 tablespoons of sugar in it already! How much did you put in?

How'd you like it?
Drinking a glass right now with a Master Blends 3 torp. I mixed it extra sweet to please her but I still really enjoy it. My next batch will be a little stiffer, looking forward to it.

She is from Louisiana - she'll put 12 tablespoons of sugar in a glass of ice tea.

I guess I will bump this for Ray. Might make a batch this weekend to kickoff December

Just a bit ahead of me. I was going to bump it on Friday :)

I guess I will bump this for Ray. Might make a batch this weekend to kickoff December

You guys are late. I actually did the search for it on Thanksgiving, cause after all, it is the kickoff to Christmas. I made a batch and after dinner Thursday night, the guests we dined with loved it. I had to explain the recipe numerous times.

Always a crowd pleaser. mmm mmm good.

Sounds like a winner, thanks for sharing. I have a recipe but it only has Spiced rum and Bourbon in it. This one has more booze so naturally it must be better! :D

I'll be sure to whip up a batch and let you know my thoughts.

Is this really from President Washingtons library?

Yes, it was found in Mt. Vernon and is as he wrote it except for the amount of eggs. His recipe didn't specify how many eggs to use.

Is this really from President Washingtons library?