It's been a while since I've held a contest so the time is ripe. This one is called the "Dress Like a Habanos Insider" contest.
Have you ever wondered what the people in the Cuban cigar industry wear as they go about the business of growing and fermenting tobacco, rolling those delicious forbidden sticks, and designing new vitolas? Well I have it on very good authority that every single person involved in tobacco wears the exact same Habanos-authorized uniform T-shirt! That's right, when the legendary Don Alejandro Robaina is out there inspecting the plants on his vega, he's wearing this shirt. When Hamlet and La Chine are rolling their custom sticks at LCDH's around the world, they are wearing this very shirt.*
By special arrangement with the highest echelons of Habanos executive management, I have managed to secure a few specimens of this exclusive industry livery*. Now you have an opportunity to be mistaken for someone in the biz, someone in the know, someone who commands respect merely because of the T-shirt they're wearing! I mean just look at the quality embroidery and how black the shirt is. Wow!
Ok, so are you guys ready for the rules of this contest? I thought you'd be.
1. This contest is open to all CigarPass members who have been registered for at least 3 months and have at least 50 posts.
2. I want you to compose a limerick about cigars. It could be about your favorite stick or brand. It could be about smoking cigars. It could be about anything at all, even those Cuban things that all of us have read about but none of us have ever seen in person
3. The contest begins as of the time of this posting and will run until 8:00 PM on Wednesday, October 11th.
4. I will choose the limerick that best tickles my fancy and that most cleverly demonstrates a bit of wit or wisdom on cigar-related topics.
5. The winner will receive the Habanos T-shirt and a modest prize package of quality cigars.
Here's your chance to impress the fine BOTL's and SOTL's of CigarPass so put on your poetic hat, sharpen that quill pen and regale us with your hidden talent!
PS. Any limerick which mentions Moontrance will be summarily disqualifed.
* This story is a complete lie, but hey, it makes for a better story than the mundane truth. This product is not of Cuban origin or manufacture and thus American members need not worry about being in contravention of U.S. statute.
After much consideration and bleary-eyed limerick reading, I hereby declare the winner of this contest to be:
LilBastage! for his two fine efforts:
There he sat with a Vegas Robainas
The wrapper was silky not veinous
Toasted the foot
Between the lips it was put
Ahh.... a flavor quite far from heinous
Oh what a wonderful smell
This one is blended quite well
Smells quite like the barnyard
Resisting is so hard
Habanos: so much heaven with hell
Special consolation prize for pumping out the most limericks with a total of 11 is:
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who gave this contest a spin. I guess any contest that can drag verse out of Neal had ot have been a pretty good idea.
PS, for those keeping count, we had a total of 71 limericks submitted by 24 members.
Edited by Ginseng, 12 October 2006 - 09:15 PM.