UPDATE 11/20/06 12:09 PM: I'm offering the option of sending me a prepaid Click-n-Ship label instead of $4.55 for return shipping.
UPDATE 11/20/06 7:48 PM: ALL participants have been confirmed! The next deadline is 10:00 PM Tuesday the 21st to have your put sticks posted and approved.
UPDATE 11/20/06 8:26 PM: Rules regarding player's anticipated unavailability at pick time are posted. Also, the draft start time is 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
UPDATE 11/21/06 7:23 PM: I have decided to yield my slot to a member whom I inadvertently left off the consideration list. This means that while I'll still be Draftmaster and coordinating with CgarDan on Bravo Draft, I will not be making picks. I am totally fine with this as running the draft has been a blast so far. And you guys still get shots at the "Make a Deal" cigars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
UPDATE 11/22/06 11:07 AM: Rod has randomly drawn the player numbers and I've posted them here at the top of the thread.
UPDATE 11/22/06 4:12 PM: Posted list of all sticks (not including the 12 Mystery Sticks) by player and in total. Make-a-Deal cigars and slots are locked and loaded! PLEASE make sure that I have listed your cigars correctly.
UPDATE 11/25/06 9:46 AM: I have posted the overall PICK ORDER. Please make your picks by posting in EITHER of the two following formats to help us keep track of picks:
- "For my second pick, slot #16, I choose the Phillies Blunt Pineapple."
- "for my second pick, slot #16, I would like the Mystery Stick."
Gentlemen, I give you the 12 players of the 2006 Inaugural Cigar Draft, ALPHA Draft!
- Burnt Tongue
It's my pleasure to present the 60 visible cigars of the 2006 Inaugural Cigar Draft, ALPHA Draft!
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Maduro Torp 6.25 x 52
La Aurora Preferido Ruby Maduro 5.0 x 54
Camacho Negro Robusto Larga Maduro 6.0 x 50
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Natural 6.0 x 47
La Flor Dominicana Mysterio Natural 7.0 x 54
Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Belicoso 4.8 x 49
Partagas Black Label Magnifico 6.0 x 54
Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maduro 6.0 x 47
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente King B 6.0 x 55
Bolivar Royal Coronas 4.75 x 50
Montecristo White Rothschilde 5 x 52
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero 700 6.5 x 60
Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage Torpedo 6.25 x 52
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #4 4.125 x 43
Arturo Fuente xXx (Power Ranger) 4.625 x 49
Graycliff Crystal PGX 6.0x50
Gurkha Legend Perfecto 6.0x60
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Robusto 5.1x52
CAO eXtreme 4.5x50
Gurkha Regent Toro 6.0x50
La Auroro Preferido Emerald (Perfecto 5x50)
CAO 10th Anniversary (Perfecto 6x60)
Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label (5x50)
Por Larranaga Petite Coronas (5x42) (H)
Gurkha Beast (6 1/2x58)
La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 7 Maduro
Romeo y Julieta Anniversario Robusto
Camacho El Legendario Toro Maduro
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel 6 x 54
Davidoff Millenium Robusto
Montecristo No.2 (H)
Diamond Crown Maximus #5
Cuesta Rey Centro Fino SunGrown Churchill #1
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Belicoso
Arturo Fuente Work Of Art Natural
CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Robusto
Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso SG
Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Toro
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto
Montecristo No.2 (H)
Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles
Diamond Crown Maximus #5
Ashton VSG Sorcerer
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller
El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme (H)
Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Maduro Toro
Vegas Cubanas Generoso
Don Lino Africa Toro
Arturo Fuente King B
Romeo y Julieta Cedros Deluxe #1 ('02) (H)
Romeo y Julieta Mille Fluers 5 1/8 x 42
Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Toro Corojo 6 1/2 x 52
La Gloria Cubana Torpedo Maduro 6 1/2 x 52
Ghurka Legend Aniversario (Perfecto) 6 x 60
K. Hansotia 'Signature 101' Churchill Natural 7 1/8 x 52
Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Torpedo 6.25 x 52
Opus X Fuente Fuente 5.625 x 46
Padron Anniversary Exclusivo Maduro 5.50 x 50
Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Torpedo (glass tube) 6.25 x 52
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel Maduro 6 x 54
And now totallized and alphabetized (Cuban cigars designated (H)):
Here is the ALPHA Draft overall pick order.
- Burnt Tongue - AF Don Carlos Belicoso
- Bilder - Montecristo No. 2 (H)
- Satchmo - Davidoff Millenium Robusto Make-a-Deal traded for Vegas Robaina Familiar JUL04
- Boogs34 - El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme (H)
- Marcsheldon - Ashton VSG Sorceror
- Krautle87 - Montecristo No. 2 (H)
- BkCloud114 - Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles
- Bchem - Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (H)
- Slcraiders - La Flor Dominicana Mysterio Natural
- Hojadepuro - La Aurora Preferido Ruby Maduro
- Davidr2340 - Arturo Fuente xXx (Power Ranger)
- Denverdog - La Auroro Preferido Emerald
- Denverdog - Bolivar Royal Coronas (H)
- Davidr2340 - La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel Maduro
- Hojadepuro - Opus X Fuente Fuente
- Slcraiders - Gurkha Beast
- Bchem - Vegas Cubanas Generoso
- BkCloud114 - Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Toro Corojo
- Krautle87 - Romeo y Julieta Cedros Deluxe #1 ('02)
- Marcsheldon - Diamond Crown Maximus #5
- Boogs34 - Romeo y Julieta Mille Fluers
- Satchmo - Padron Anniversary Exclusivo Maduro
- Bilder - Gurkha Legend Perfecto
- Burnt Tongue - Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #4
- Burnt Tongue - Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto
- Bilder - Mystery Stick: AVO LE5
- Satchmo - Ghurka Legend Aniversario (Perfecto)
- Boogs34 - Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Toro Maduro
- Marcsheldon - Diamond Crown Maximus #5
- Krautle87 - Graycliff Crystal PGX
- BkCloud114 - Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Belicoso
- Bchem - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label
- Slcraiders - Arturo Fuente Work Of Art Natural
- Hojadepuro - La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel
- Davidr2340 - CAO 10th Anniversary (Perfecto 6x60)
- Denverdog - Arturo Fuente King B
- Denverdog - La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Robusto
- Davidr2340 - Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller
- Hojadepuro - AF Hemingway Signature Nat Make-a-Deal traded for LGC Reserva Figurados Regalias Perfecto
- Slcraiders - Mystery Stick: 4-pack of La Flor Dominicana 2000
- Bchem - La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero 700
- BkCloud114 - Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente King B
- Krautle87 - Gurkha Regent Toro
- Marcsheldon - Montecristo White Rothschilde
- Boogs34 - Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Torpedo (glass tube)
- Satchmo - K. Hansotia 'Signature 101' Churchill Natural
- Bilder - Camacho Negro Robusto Larga Maduro
- Burnt Tongue - Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso SG
- Burnt Tongue - Mystery Stick: AF Work of Art Maduro
- Bilder - Don Lino Africa Toro
- Satchmo - Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Torpedo Maduro
- Boogs34 - La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 7 Maduro
- Marcsheldon - Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Toro
- Krautle87 - Camacho El Legendario Toro Maduro
- BkCloud114 - Romeo y Julieta Anniversario Robusto
- Bchem - Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage Torpedo
- Slcraiders - La Gloria Cubana Torpedo Maduro
- Hojadepuro - Cuesta Rey Centro Fino SunGrown Churchill #1
- Davidr2340 - CAO eXtreme 4.5x50
- Denverdog - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Robusto
- Denverdog - Mystery Stick: Gurkha Ancient Warrior
- Davidr2340 - Mystery Stick: Montecristo Robusto (NC)
- Hojadepuro - Mystery Stick: AF Don Carlos Robusto
- Slcraiders - Partagas Black Label Magnifico
- Bchem - Mystery Stick: Ashton VSG Enchantment
- BkCloud114 - Mystery Stick: Zino Platinum Pudge
- Krautle87 - Mystery Stick: Gurkha Regent Churchill
- Marcsheldon - Mystery Stick: AF Hemingway Signature
- Boogs34 - Mystery Stick: Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto (H)
- Satchmo - Mystery Stick: Perla del Mar, clear Havana 1900's!!
- Bilder - Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Torpedo 6.25 x 52
- Burnt Tongue - Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maduro
Cigar Draft 2006 Rules and Guidelines
1. Players post 5 cigars for review by the other participants.
--- Post your PUT sticks in this thread.
--- Players please respond with DISAPPROVAL only. This will keep the chatter down and the thread shorter and easier to navigate.
--- These cigars should be $5-$10 give or take a little.
--- CC or NC are fine.
--- The "PREGAME" Deadline for approval of cigars is 10:00 PM EST Tuesday November 21.
2. Players will also submit one MYSTERY cigar.
--- Do not identify this cigar to pass participants.
--- I will see it when I receive your 6 total cigars, but tell me which one is the mystery cigar and I will put it in the "black box" for the Mystery picks. --- When someone draws a cigar from the black box as one of their picks, I will select it blindfolded and at random.
--- There is no restriction on value or origin of the Mystery stick.
3. The pick order is "serpentine".
--- i.e. 1234432112344321...
--- for six sticks, this is fair for all participants regardless of your player number.
4. All cigars are to be sent to Ginseng.
--- I will PM my shipping address to all players.
--- PLEASE include $4.55 to cover return shipping. Cash, MO, other are acceptable. Or send along a prepaid Click-n-Ship label addressed from me to you.
--- If you can spare a Boveda or Fuente humipack, I'd greatly appreciate it.
--- The "READY" Deadline for me to receive all the cigars is Tuesday December 5.
5. The Draft.
--- The Draft Picks start at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday December 6.
--- The Draft is over when all the cigars have been picked.
6. Making your picks.
--- Please make your picks in a timely fashion. If a few hours have passed and you have not made your pick, I reserve the right to move that particular pick slot of yours to the end of the line. This does not apply to the overnight.
7. Cigars list.
--- The Draft Administrator will post the cigar list here.
--- He will also update periodically although not necessarily after each pick.
--- You are responsible for knowing the two or three folks who come before you.
8. Let's Make a Deal.
--- Two randomly selected pick slots will be designated "LMD" opportunities.
--- If your pick falls on one of the LMD slots, after you pick, you will be offered a chance to trade your cigar for a predetermined Surprise Cigar from my personal collection. Could be good, could be great. Won't be a rocket or a Moonie.
9. What if I think I may not be online to make my pick in a timely manner?
In the case that you think you may not be able to be online around the time you anticipate your pick occurring, here is what you should do.
--- Post in the Draft Thread that you may not be online.
--- Choose THREE picks in order of priority from most to least wanted.
--- PM this list of three cigars to 1) the Draft Administrator AND 2) the player who comes after you. Whichever of these two individuals is online first will make your picks according to your priority list.