• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bobalu XXXL Triple Lijero Torpedo

SammyP

So I came across a deal on these here. I had been wanting to try some of their smokes for a while, and this looked like a great deal on the cigar I wanted to try the most. The specs:

Origin: Austin, TX
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican,Nicaraguan,Honduran

6.5" X 54 trorpedo.

I'm not much of a reviewer, so I'll keep it simple. I recived a box of these two days ago. The wrapper is a little light for a maduro, with a couple of prominent veins. The cigar has plenty of give, but doesn't feel under filled. The smell is of straightforward, raw tobacco, and quite strong. I snipped about 1/4" off the head, and the draw is excellent. Pre-light flavor is more straightforward tobacco and some spice.

I lit it with my torch with no problems. First couple draws are a little bland, so I let it sit for a minute or two, then give it another. Here we go! Tastes just like it smells. Very straightforward, good tobacco flavor with a fair bit of spice. Strength increases with each draw, and the flavor really comes together about an inch in. Very straightforward cigar, and I like it.

The burn and draw are perfect, requiring no futzing around on my part. The ash is the darkest I've ever seen on a cigar. It's a dark, almost blue gray mottled with lighter gray. This pic does not do it justice:

bobalu1.jpg

Note the spiffy band with my initials. :D

The ash was a little loose, and fell about 2 minutes after the pic was taken. Granted, I had been wagging it around trying to get a good pic.

No big changes through the rest of the smoke. It's quite strong, makes big smoke, and tastes good. It is not terribly complex, but I'm really enjoying it. I think these will age nicely. I don't know how long they age these, but they don't seem green to me.

Also included were a decent little humidor and the custom bands. I could have done without those, but they sweeten what is IMO, already a helluva deal. Normal price on these is $120/box. I'd have a hard time paying that much, as there are cigars I prefer in that price range. Maybe they'll put them on sale occaisonally.

Nice review SammyP. I may have to check those out, if they have that same deal going in the future.

Very nice review! :)
And fantastic photo, the cigar looks really great on it! :)