• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SMOKE!

SMOKE!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

I was recently gifted a "Cuban" Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2005 with a 52 ring gauge and a 6 1/8 length. I haven't been able to find any info on this cigar and I am wondering if it a real Cuban or fake.
I also have a Cohiba that is the same size/shape but it has a striped look to it, like the Fuente Between the Lines. Does anyone have any info about this one?
Thanks for the help

#2 grateful1

grateful1

Oh My!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,388 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

I was recently gifted a "Cuban" Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2005 with a 52 ring gauge and a 6 1/8 length. I haven't been able to find any info on this cigar and I am wondering if it a real Cuban or fake.
I also have a Cohiba that is the same size/shape but it has a striped look to it, like the Fuente Between the Lines. Does anyone have any info about this one?
Thanks for the help

no.

Photo's would help!

#3 Ginseng

Ginseng

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Oh boy, the infamous "barberpole" Esplendidos. I think I have one or two of these. Fake.

Wilkey

#4 SMOKE!

SMOKE!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:21 PM

Sorry no camera, so no pics. I was pretty sure the barber pole was fake because the band just didnt look quite right. The band on the LE actually looks pretty good, but I haven't seen any info about them so I was afraid it might be fake as well.

#5 duglynukem

duglynukem

Nuclear Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

Sorry no camera, so no pics. I was pretty sure the barber pole was fake because the band just didnt look quite right. The band on the LE actually looks pretty good, but I haven't seen any info about them so I was afraid it might be fake as well.

Know your source, Linky

Doug

#6 moki

moki

el Presidente

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,396 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:06 AM

Thanks for the help

Fake

#7 Gonz

Gonz

Ironman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

If you look at the top of this sub-forum, you'll see a Edicion Limitada reference thread. There was no EL from Cohiba in 05.

#8 SMOKE!

SMOKE!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

Oh well, they were free, I'll just stick em at the bottom of the humidor and smoke them sometime when I get bored.
Thanks for the Link Moki.

#9 Gonz

Gonz

Ironman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

I would advise to keep them separate from your other cigars. You really never know what kind of crap is rolled into fake cigars. Beetle hatches, off smells/odors, all kinds of unpleasant things could potentially happen.

#10 Ginseng

Ginseng

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

I would advise to keep them separate from your other cigars. You really never know what kind of crap is rolled into fake cigars. Beetle hatches, off smells/odors, all kinds of unpleasant things could potentially happen.

Excellent advice.

Wilkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users