• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's Summer

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I make a pretty mean bloody mary and have been told this by almost anyone who has tried one. I really think the ability to make a good bloody mary is the way you can test a bar or bartender. If they do it right then odds are pretty good they can do well on almost anything else you may want. To that end, here is how I make mine.

Start the day before is one of the keys. I make them by the pitcher since they go so fast.

You'll need:

Celery
Spicy Hot V8
Vodka
Garlic Salt
Black pepper
Habanera hot sauce
Jalapeno hot sauce
Worchester sauce
Lemon juice
Olives

Pour 1 bottle of Spicy Hot V8 in a pitcher
add 2 cups of vodka (about half a 750ml bottle or less if you want. More makes the drink too thin IMO)
add 1 teaspoon garlic salt
add 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
add 1 teaspoon habanera hot sauce (I use Dave's Temporary Insanity sauce)
add 1 teaspoon jalapeno hot sauce
add 1 tablespoon of worchester sauce
add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
add 1/2 of a 7 oz jar of olives along with half the juice
Stir well & taste. It will get hotter after it sits for a while so be careful if you think it needs to be hotter, you can always add more before serving.
Place in fridge overnight.

The next morning cut 4 pieces of celery into 8-10" lengths (no leaves) and then cut those in half lengthwise so you end up with 8 long pieces. Add the celery to the pitcher and place back in the fridge for at least 4 hours.

When ready to serve put 3-4 ice cubes in a tall glass put a piece of celery from the pitcher in the glass, scoop out 2 or 3 olives from the bottom of the pitcher and put them in the glass.
Stir pitcher and fill glass

enjoy, I'm drinking one right now
smile.gif

Last edited:
Damn Ray, you got me running out with a grocery list. Thanks for the recipe.

Nate

wow you like em spicy! I like them more hearty with a horseradish kick. I've been boozin way too much at night to even think about bloody mary's in the mornings, gotta work on that cuz my mouth is watering.

Jesus Christmas, I alway thought a Bloody Mary was a fairly simple drink. That recipe sounds great, hot as hell, but def something I'd like to try.

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

While this is spicy and hot neither my wife nor most who try it think it is over the top. There is a big difference between using Dave's Temporary Insanity Sauce and Dave's Insanity Sauce. I don't know if you could drink it using Insanity Sauce. Since the majority of habanero sauces aren't as hot as Dave's that cuts back some on how hot it might get too.

While this is spicy and hot neither my wife nor most who try it think it is over the top. There is a big difference between using Dave's Temporary Insanity Sauce and Dave's Insanity Sauce. I don't know if you could drink it using Insanity Sauce. Since the majority of habanero sauces aren't as hot as Dave's that cuts back some on how hot it might get too.

It was the mention of the habanero sauce that initially had me thinking, "Oye! That's gotta be hot!" I'll never forget when my Mexican-American wife told me, "Yeah, you go ahead and take a bite of that sweet looking little orange pepper. Go ahead..." I hate it when testostorone gets the better of me. :(

Thanks for the input Ray, gives me a little more courage to try a batch.

Very nice bro... Always love a good bloody mary! I'm going to give this bad boy a try!!!

Thanks!!! :thumbs:

I use regular V8 and celery salt. I think the celery salt really make a great bloody mary. Well, I use tequila instead of vodka which is technically a "bloody maria." :laugh:

I don't use "hot" tabasco (I use regular ole tobasco sauce) nor do I use jalapeno sauce so mine are milder since I'm not a fan of "hot" bloody marys/marias. I do use horseradish sauce for some "kick" though.

I never tried the olives and their juice but that sounds like a great idea! I do use all of your other ingredients though. :thumbs:

:p Yep, they sound pretty close Bill. I do make a horseradish version but it is usually one glass at a time and not as good as my hot version IMO.

Great post ray. I am a huge fan of Bloody Marys. Its been quite a while since I have had one, maybe its time :D

It's been a while since I've had one of these, but I used to love them. I simply bought the pre-mix Bloody Mary Mix and threw in some Vodka. After reading AVB's in-depth recipe, I've come to realize that I'm missing out on the true bloody mary experience! I never thought about adding additional hot sauce, salt, or lemon juice to the mix, but DAMN! That sure sounds taaaasty!

It might just make your avatar come true :p

Thanks again bro!!!
The pitcher is sittin' in the fridge for tomorrow... :thumbs:

I'll let you know how they turn out!!!

:p Yep, they sound pretty close Bill. I do make a horseradish version but it is usually one glass at a time and not as good as my hot version IMO.

My problem is I'm too much of a baby for the "hot" stuff. Your recipe certainly does much more interesting than mine. :D

My problem is I'm too much of a baby for the "hot" stuff. Your recipe certainly does much more interesting than mine. :D

Oh, but hot stuff is the best. You haven't truly lived until you drink a bloody mary and feel your balls sweating. :laugh:

If we don't hear from you in a few days we'll know it killed ya :p

Thanks again bro!!!
The pitcher is sittin' in the fridge for tomorrow... :thumbs:

I'll let you know how they turn out!!!

I do love a good Bloody Mary and that recipe sounds great, probably a little hot for my taste. On top of the olives and celery, I like to drop a couple pickled green beans or okra into my glass.

Thanks,

Ken

Pickles, olives, and beans I've seen but never okra. Is it raw or pickled too?

I do love a good Bloody Mary and that recipe sounds great, probably a little hot for my taste. On top of the olives and celery, I like to drop a couple pickled green beans or okra into my glass.

Thanks,

Ken