• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Burr Grinders

smokelaw1

Cigar Ambassador
Snobs, coffe-fiends, lend me yhour ears!

I broke another POS coffee grinder. I want to pick up a new one. This will not be my home grinder, but one to keep in the office. I often either work late or am in really early, and don't want the nasty burned free office ass-juice, I mean "coffee," so I grind up some of my stash of MrJerry's beans.

So, I want to bring in a grinder. I have been using a POS blade grinder, and this is the second one that broke on me.
So, in the realm of relatively inexpensive things that might get broken by an idiot, or stolen, or lost, or put in the dishwasher by the cleaning crew....what would you buy?

I broke another POS coffee grinder. I want to pick up a new one. This will not be my home grinder, but one to keep in the office. I often either work late or am in really early, and don't want the nasty burned free office ass-juice, I mean "coffee," so I grind up some of my stash of MrJerry's beans.

So, I want to bring in a grinder. I have been using a POS blade grinder, and this is the second one that broke on me.
So, in the realm of relatively inexpensive things that might get broken by an idiot, or stolen, or lost, or put in the dishwasher by the cleaning crew....what would you buy?

Search is your friend! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i tried search and i didnt find anything good so why you all nasty? i asked a simple quiestion if you dont want to help then dont, but your mean response isnt helpful.

i tried search and i didnt find anything good so why you all nasty? i asked a simple quiestion if you dont want to help then dont, but your mean response isnt helpful.

After that outburst you need to see a Trauma Sturgeon, I think you just ruptured a blood vessel :laugh:

.... and that thread wasn't very helpful either :whistling:

I use the Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder, Stainless DCG-12BC, at home and at the office. Works good for me and has lasted for a couple of years so far. It has a removable cup taht holds the grinds and the lid fits over the entire cup, making it much cleaner than many of the cheaper models. I had one before this, a Krups I believe, that everytime I took off the lid after grinding coffee would fly everywhere from the static.

:cool:

.... and that thread wasn't very helpful either :whistling:

I use the Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder, Stainless DCG-12BC, at home and at the office. Works good for me and has lasted for a couple of years so far. It has a removable cup taht holds the grinds and the lid fits over the entire cup, making it much cleaner than many of the cheaper models. I had one before this, a Krups I believe, that everytime I took off the lid after grinding coffee would fly everywhere from the static.

:cool:

LOL!

Josh - I have an extra you can use until someone puts some useful info on this thread....which means you may have it for a loooooong time!

:laugh:

I have one of these at the house and the office. Both work great and have been for a long time.

Braun Grinder

Braun-KMM30-WH-CafeSelect-Coffee-Grinder-img2.jpg

Oh.....and keep your chin up. Don't let those mean old FOG's push you around like that.

:whistling:

Y'all gonna keep giving this guy the answers??? Let him use the friggin search button instead of coming up with a sensless thread that wastes everyone's time and will eventually lead to a meltdown!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have one of these at the house and the office. Both work great and have been for a long time.

Braun Grinder

Braun-KMM30-WH-CafeSelect-Coffee-Grinder-img2.jpg

Oh.....and keep your chin up. Don't let those mean old FOG's push you around like that.

:whistling:

That's what Ive got at home too, but the flying static grinds problem drives me nuts.
Well, actually, it drives my WIFE nuts when I miss random grinds that have shot across the counter. The SHE drives ME nuts.
But apart from that it works alright. we had a hell of a time getting the grind 'dialed in' for our new espresso machine, and it seems to require different settings depending on the beans we are putting through it. It is just enough of a pain in the ass that I only use it for beans destined for espresso, or in my failed attempts to figure out a good french-press grind. Daily morning coffee gets the $15 blade-grander.

For what it's worth, I've used that Capresso burr grinder for a little over a year now without any issue. For the money, that's a tough one to beat!

Be a man. Take off one a yer socks, load in the beans and smack it a few times with a hammer.

NA

I use a Braun bladed Type 203 general purpose grinder. Since we have limited counter space and my coffee consumption is modest, this unit serves me well as I can also use it to grind grind dried chiles and spices for my winter chili cook.

10-12 seconds of grind/pulse while shaking the unit renders a grind that works fine in my 1 cup drip brewer. A bit more care is needed when I'm grinding for the Bodum French press.

$20 for the Braun grinder + $10 for the Toastess 1-cup = 1 happy coffee drinking guy.

Wilkey

I use the Krups GVX 1, got it for $50 at Linen and things. So far, its been great for me, however there is only one problem with it, the hopper is made of plastic, not glass, so the grinds stick to sides from all the static cling. Nothing a spoon can't handle.

If you're still looking for a grinder and don't mind waiting a week or two for one of these, Burr Grinder or Blade Grinder, PM me your address. These are by no means the top-of-the-line machines, but they will certainly get the job done (I'd recommend the burr grinder)! My sister owns a coffee shop and I'll have her mail one out to you...

This thread inspired me so I just went and got a Capresso burr grinder. Conveniently it was on sale for 1/2 off and I had an additional 20% off coupon so it was a steal.