• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bomb and Trade Acknowledgment Protocol

SamClemmons

eloquent absurdity
Am I the only one that has issues with people saying exactly what was sent to them or what they sent? I think this is bad form. There was a time here and elsewhere when folks simply voiced there appreciation for an unexpected "bomb" by saying thank you and then qualifying their thank you with things like... I am floored . . . You were way to generous . . . I can never repay you . . . Are you insane. . . Above and beyond . . . Incredible. . . and the like, to express their thoughts on the generosity of the sender.
The reason for the anonymity of the contents of a bomb or trade is really quite simple. There are folks who are more generous with some people than they are with others. There are people with deep pockets and those for whom the bottom line is much closer. Maybe a guy is a friend with someone off line and decides to crush his friend with premium sticks or maybe he just likes someone and sends a little something. The point here is that if the contents of a bomb or trade is openly discussed it puts an unfair pressure on the sender or receiver to duplicate their generosity with the next guy. It also makes this person a target for guys to bomb with the expectation that this generous person will reciprocate in the same way as he/she did previously. I know what you're going to say. "When people send bombs out they don't really expect the person they bomb to reciprocate." All I can say to this is, CRAP. I'm not saying that there are not people here that are selfless (a few come to mind) but many folks are expecting exactly that, a return gesture. I see people bombing guys that are known to be extremely generous yet they've never had any kind interaction with these people other than snagging their address which has forced more than a few of these generous souls to pull their contact information from their profiles. I don't think the newer guys should be told to bomb this guy or that guy because they "won't be sorry". Let them learn themselves like everyone else. After they've been here awhile they'll know, but not before they've made the effort and paid their dues through interaction.

So now I see there's a guy who sends out a few bombs to people. He bought the cigars, he boxed them up and addressed them, he paid the shipping, he sent them out. The recipients didn't have to spend a dime, it cost them nothing other than opening a box. Yet a couple of people who recieved these bombs had the temerity, the unmitigated gall to question the quality of these gifts in open forum. Of all the classless things I've seen on chat boards this one takes the cake. If you don't have the grace to simply accept an unsolicited gift without looking at the price tag, you didn't deserve it in the first place. You know who you are and you are an embarrasment to this forum.

This is not a condemnation of all people who bomb and trade, just my latest diatribe.

Neal

Well said Neal,

I'm glad you took the time to say it because you're right on the money.

For instance, I may send a bomb to you including five ISOM's (because I'm president of your fan club here) BUT I may send another bomb to someone else that contains five two dollar cigars. Now if guy #2 sees a "thank you" from you saying "WOW CC thanks for the five Davidoffs" he'll say "That cheap bastid CC only sent me connies"

Neal makes a good point and from now on I will follow his suggestion.

I would also suggest that this post or something like it be pinned in the Bomb thread.

I have to say I agree with Neal on this one.....

But, that's just my .02.... :D

I'm with Lee! Who's with Neal! Oh yea, also CC :lookup:

:p

A very good point Neal! Aaaaaaaaaah, the old days :love:

I agree.

Damn Neal so far everyone is in agreement with you. This might be a first! ;) :D

I totally agree. If you want to personalize the receipt, post it in a PM. Not every needs to hear how special you are. :p

I too am continually amazed by the wisdom that is bestowed upon by a guy with so few posts :D

Neal you noooobie :sign: :sign: :love:

I'm still pretty pissed about the last part of my rant but...

did I hear someone was sending me some Davidoff's?

NA

Neal...you can't be too hard on a group of guys that list their bombing activity in their profiles...as if that gives them any credibility. :lookup:

SamClemmons said:
So now I see there's a guy who sends out a few bombs to people. He bought the cigars, he boxed them up and addressed them, he paid the shipping, he sent them out. The recipients didn't have to spend a dime, it cost them nothing other than opening a box. Yet a couple of people who recieved these bombs had the temerity, the unmitigated gall to question the quality of these gifts in open forum. Of all the classless things I've seen on chat boards this one takes the cake. If you don't have the grace to simply accept an unsolicited gift without looking at the price tag, you didn't deserve it in the first place. You know who you are and you are an embarrasment to this forum.
:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

Wow, I must have missed the posts referred to here. That is in extremely poor taste.

One point I can't stress enough is don't bomb someone expecting a return bomb. If you expect something in return then make a trade. I personally look at bombing as a pay it forward kind of thing. Now if I ask for something and someone is kind enough to send it then I like to repay the kindness.

Great post Neal. Thanks.

Ok Guys, you better get right with your maker, it's all over ???

I somehow feel a little out of place saying this, but luckily I am use to feeling out of place so here goes...

Neal...Well (VERY well) put. Was thinking it myself but seams I lacked the cashews required to post it. I agree with the first (very long :p ) paragraph 100% nuf said!

As for the second much shorter paragraph, I am with you there too. I was embarassed beyond belief by this extreamly bad display. I am just glad it is over...it is over right? ???

Good point Neal. Coupla other things I wanna point out:
1. A coupla newer guys posted something about getting credibility by sending out bombs. Bombs wont gain you credbility. Nor should one expect to get passer/trader comments for sending an FOG/SOB a bomb.
2. I don't know who commented on the quality of sticks, but what is done is done. Remember folks, just because this is a BB, doesn't mean everyone has thick skin. Words do cut when a kind gestures isn't accepted. Don't say anything on the board that you might regret saying in person.

Emo

Exactly why my address was taken out of my profile.

There has been a lot of tip toeing
tiptoe.gif
around here just so we can keep this board a nice place and if you ask me it has downgraded the board. It seems there are more people mooching cigars now than ever before, under the disguise of bombing someone, and a ton of unknowlegeable people giving advice when they have very little to no experience what so ever on whatever topic they are speaking of. I cringe at some of the ridiculous information I've seen coming from some people here.
smashfreak.gif

I won't comment on the calling out of the dog rocket's......... but send me some and see what I call you. ;) :p :D

Forget it Kenny, I would rather be in a flock of geese 30 yds. away than do that to ya :p :sign:

Allofus123 said:
I cringe at some of the ridiculous information I've seen coming from some people here.
smashfreak.gif
being new myself...I do try to pass on what I have learned so far...but I would hope that if I was misinforming someone...people would call me out on it...otherwise I wouldn't know that I didn't learn it correctly (does that make sense).

at least that's how i feel anyway.

mhn said:
being new myself...I do try to pass on what I have learned so far...but I would hope that if I was misinforming someone...people would call me out on it...otherwise I wouldn't know that I didn't learn it correctly (does that make sense).
I don't think you'll have to worry about that! LOL :D

Us snobs will let you know! ;)