• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When did you start smoking?

SmokinInCanada

Being 21 myself and started pipe smoking at the age of 20, I was told by some friends that I was to young to be smoking a pipe or cigar. Frankly I find it better to smoke either of those two then be smoking cigarettes at my age which some of those friends do. So I was wondering how old were you (if you can remember :p) when you started smoking cigars and/or a pipe?

18....some of my friends dont agree with it but a couple smoke cigars with me to i dont mind.

Two weeks before my join date on here. I have been lovon git ever since I joined, but it is starting to hurt the wallet. I started with a 28 quart coller, and now I have a 28 bottle wine cooler on the way. It is addictive, but enjoyable.
Thanks to everyone on here for all of the great advice since I have joined!
B

11/2007...still goin strong...and yeah, hurts the pocket.

It was my spring break senior year, someone had some swisher sweets on the beach.

Soph in college, back to the exact same beach in a week, with quality sticks and more friend who enjoy cigars. woohoo.

edit: that is if you consider sweets cigars =P If not it was a camping trip shortly after with a CAO.

16. As soon as the drivers license cooled we were into the Sweets.

I started smoking when I was overseas in Thailand. It was during the Viet Nam war.

I actually got started late in life, I was in my early 30's, but I wish I would have started younger. I think of all the time I missed smoking good cigars.

Dave

When i was 17 I started during the boom in the mid 90's.

Smoked my first cigar on the two year anniversary of being cigarette free. Figured I may as well celebrate! I believe it was in 2000 at age 32

Started smoking Cigarettes in my early twentys and quit at age 51 then started smoking cigars about 3 months later. Sure wasted alot of years smoking cigs. when I could have been smoking cigars.

I started smoking machine made cigars at about 15 or 16 I guess, black 'n milds, gold 'n mild's, swisher sweets... anything with the plastic tips.(not sure they count) But the first cigar that started it all was in 11/2007.... just before my daughter was born.

Had my first swisher when I was 11 or 12. Smoked one probably less than once a month until I was 15, then stopped all together. Picked it back up again once I was 18 and started smoking higher quaility stuff just recently, at 22.

I started Chewing (Skoal) about 5 years ago. I quit about 6 months ago....and immediatley took up cigars.

Started as a freshman in college at 18...that was 2+ years ago. My stash has grown, and so has my knowledge...only thing that hasn't is my wallet. :laugh:

I was born smokin' and 40 years later (about 18 yeras after my first cigar when I was 22) I am still hot as a pistol......j/k

I was buying cigarettes regularly by 13. Quit them for the most part in my early 30's although I will still sometimes smoke them when I am on a serious gambling trip, a few times a year. (It's easy to stand up and smoke half a cigarette after a shoe while the dealer shuffles. Besides, lots of dealers hate any smoke at the table while playing and it's just better voodoo for me to have them see me walk a few feet away, light up, smoke, and extinguish before we start playing again. They appreciate it and I like the chance to stretch my legs every couple of shoes.)

I smoked my first cigar when I was around 15 but didn't have more than a handful until college when I would smoke them maybe monthly. I started smoking them regularly in my mid to later 20s, but didn't get "serious" about them until about 10 years ago - right around when I was giving up cigarettes.

- Tim