Alright guys, we have had an influx of new members since this thing was last going, so letís kick it off again and give some of the new blood, as well as the old (Doc, can you still hold a cigar still enough to smoke it?) a chance to show off their blind review skills! Cory had a great basis so we will use that foundation and build on it so please read it to get the general idea. The main point we need to stress is only participate if you can/will be able to follow the time guidelines set below. This will avoid a clusterphuck in the long run and make for a much more enjoyable experience.
The Purpose: To give members the chance to try some new sticks and/or some of your favorites and to take a shot at doing a blind review. Have fun!
- When someone asks "Who wants it" say "GIMME!"
- Within 24 hours of receiving the sticks (one of which will be unbanded) post a picture of your haul and ask the question.
- Once you ask "who wants it" please ship within 48 hours to keep it moving and PM the recipient with the DC#.
- Go to the Blind Cigar Review Thread #2 in the "Cigar Reviews | Watcha Been Smokin' Lately?" and post your review within 7-10 days.
- Packages should be a minimum of 3 nice sticks, not necessarily super premiums but sticks you enjoy smoking.
- Include the band from the blind review stick in an envelope for the reviewer to open after their review.
- Follow the timelines the best you can. Things happen but lets do our best.
- Have fun, be clever, try and find out a bit about who you are sending sticks to and play off that.
Welcome to the Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward!
Here is where you can participate in a PIF and start honing your cigar reviewing skills all at once.
The concept is simple, for each part of the PIF at least three cigars will be sent to the next recipient, one of which will be unbanded, and of the other two at least one will be a classy stick. In this context, classy means a good stick that you would really like to smoke of at a minimum of $5 in value. Along with the unbanded stick, please send the band hidden (like wrapped in paper), so the reviewer can see what cigar s/he just reviewed after the review process is over.
This thread will be only for the purpose of stating you would like to be the next recipient of the BCR PIF, to state what two (or more) cigars were sent to you, to ask who would like to be next, DC numbers, etc. Basically anything relating to the PIF part of this process. This is NOT where you post your review, you can do that in the Cigar Review Forum in the thread: Blind Cigar Reviews. Please only sign up for this PIF if you have the ability to perform the review within about a week of receiving your BCR PIF.
After you have received your PIF, please list the cigars you received here. You can describe the unbanded cigar if you would like, but don't spoil the surprise and look at the band yet. You have 24 hours from the time of receipt of your PIF to ask who would like to be next. Once someone has accepted, please send out your PIF in a timely fashion (a day or two). Then please review your cigar within the following week and post that review here.
Please do not participate in the BCR PIF for at least two weeks after you have sent out your PIF so lots of people can get a chance to try their hand at a review.