• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia El Centurion Guerreros

Macion Grey

the Libertine

I saw somewhere on the web that Don Pepin stated that these cigars tasted like 'Old Cohibas'. I gotta say, the first couple of inches were bang on Cohiba Robusto's flavour profile, but then evolved to have a stronger coffee and leather tones. This was a really smokable cigar, with a smooth tobacco and dry grass core. Herbal tea and sugar cane overtones floated around, coming and going as the cigar progressed. Very balanced and near perfect. It lost the magic halfway through though, and that is disappointing for a Robusto vitola. Strong coffee and white pepper announced themselves at the door, and crashed the party with their overbearing presence. From then on nobody got along: Flavours clashed and the light kept going out. After putting up with the ruckus for another few inches, I left the party with disappointment in how it turned out.

Construction was good, albeit a fragile head that unraveled the wrapped as soon as I took the label off.

My prediction is that with some age, the party crashers will have mellowed out and will get along with the gorgeous guests who were there first. If the second half didn't collapse, I would have rated this one of the finest cigars I have ever smoked. But it did... so I punished the cigar by unraveling it to have a look at the blend:

I am smoking an El Centurion Lancero right now and all I can think about is that this is one of the top 2 cigars I've ever had (The other being a padilla 1932 Oscuro Limitada). Sweet, smooth, and complex. Without a doubt Don Pepin's best blend ever.

Long Ashes,
Cigar Masters

Macy,

I like your style! Excellently entertaining review, almost like a story! Good job! :thumbs:

Good pics and nice review...

Give these a couple more months down time and you'll be searching your local B&Ms for more....

Give these a couple more months down time and you'll be searching your local B&Ms for more....
RALMFAO

Sorry mates I had to do it.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can get any Pepin blends in this country. Well Ive never seen them anyway. :laugh:

Thanks for the review, really entertaining. I now have to get me some of them.

Ken

RALMFAO

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can get any Pepin blends in this country. Well Ive never seen them anyway. :laugh:

No worries Dave, I was thinking the same thing!

On another note, Macy my boy, if you truly like these buggers, and need some poor sap who will "mule" for you to bring them to ya, I'm your fella. I've crossed the threshhold for Dave here once now, have been through the trial by fire (aka "Customs"), and found to be pure (aka "not seized!"). So, let me know buddy, since you two Aussies always crack me up!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha.. thanks Jon. I might skip these, as you have to sip them like a dainty queer to prevent them from going sour, and that isn't my idea of a good smoke.

As for your mule offer.. we can't get any Oliva here either.. and I love the O Perfecto....

What a great review. I'm sitting here sort of mesmerized by the pictures too. Something kind of hypnotic about the white background.

Nicely done.

Fantastic review and a wonderful composite picture! :thumbs: Very much along the lines of my experience, minus the strong coffee. I have a few to age and smoke in a few years.

It's all good. I've already been through a at least a box (single purchases) this year and I have 3 more that are resting. I will not touch the boxes until the box code anniversaries (2008, 2009, and 2010). I will do the same thing for the 2008 release.

RALMFAO

Not to mention the fact that there were only 1000 boxes of each size produced. They will eventually become impossible to find.

Oh joy, another cigar to add to my "oh god find money and buy some quick!" list. Nice review :thumbs:.

They got quite a bit at my local B&M, should I pick em up to age and collect for now, and maybe get some to smoke for now as well?

Nah, not at the Outlaw. They are at the Merchant here in Blue Springs.