• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Culebra Special C

chainer

Hey all…

Great day for a smoke, and I figured I’d give my shot at another review. So, for your viewing pleasure, the odd Davidoff Culebra! I split the three cigars up, and passed one to my father. I believe it is a Dominican filler and binder with a Connecticut wrap.

pic.jpg

The smell and pre-light draw was primarily a smooth woody taste. Not detecting any problems with the build of the cigar, I grab my Blazer. Upon lighting, the first few puffs were very bitter and dry. Thankfully, the bitterness mellowed out and the cigar took on a woody profile, as expected. About a quarter in, the taste reminded me of slightly burnt toast and butter, something I’ve come to expect with Davidoff cigars. This flavor stayed until the end of the cigar, where the heat made the flavors a bit more profound and easier to pick up.

pic1-1.jpg

pic2-1.jpg

Overall, a one dimensional smoke, nothing much changed from the first few puffs to the last few. These Culebra type Davidoffs can be had at my local B&M for just under 50 bucks. For 3 davidoff sticks, that is the price I would expect. Unfortunately, with summer over, I am a jobless college student again, so I think that is it for me in terms of Davidoff cigars.

In the event that I had two other buddies joining me, and I was feeling frisky, I would probably buy one again. Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em, they is gud.

Thanks for posting this!

I found a 10+ year old Special "C" in my humidor last week and I am planning to smoke it soon. My "c" looks a lot smaller than the one in your pics. Maybe a 32-36 gauge at the most.

I will post some pics when I smoke it.

Thanks for posting this!

I found a 10+ year old Special "C" in my humidor last week and I am planning to smoke it soon. My "c" looks a lot smaller than the one in your pics. Maybe a 32-36 gauge at the most.

I will post some pics when I smoke it.

Davidoff discontinued them for awhile and it seems as if they are bringing them back. It does look as if they are now a larger cigar than before (or chainer has really small hands :D ) I bought a box when they were originally discontinued and haven't smoked any from it yet, I want to say I paid about $230 for a box of 8 culebras, so for 24 (Davidoff) cigars, $230 isn't bad. I have smoked one I had bought prior to my box purchase and it was pretty good.

These Culebra type Davidoffs can be had at my local B&M for just under 50 bucks. For 3 davidoff sticks, that is the price I would expect.

My B&M had them for around $32 when I was in last weekend. I thought these sticks were good, but I would agree on the "one dimensional" comment. Nice review :thumbs:

Sounds like I got hit by a bit of a ripoff. Not something I would have expected from this particular B&M, i get opus and anejo at MSRP when they got em. In fact, I just picked up a few tat blacks for a little below 12 bucks yesterday. Oh well, live and learn! :thumbs:

Sounds like I got hit by a bit of a ripoff. Not something I would have expected from this particular B&M, i get opus and anejo at MSRP when they got em. In fact, I just picked up a few tat blacks for a little below 12 bucks yesterday. Oh well, live and learn! :thumbs:

I don't think you got ripped off.

I think you bought a new Special C. I did a bit of looking the new one is a bit shorter but has a wider ring gauge and costs more than the old release.

Jack Schwartz is pre-selling them for $48 each. I usually find the prices there are decent if not pretty good.

I don't think you got ripped off.

I think you bought a new Special C. I did a bit of looking the new one is a bit shorter but has a wider ring gauge and costs more than the old release.

Jack Schwartz is pre-selling them for $48 each. I usually find the prices there are decent if not pretty good.

Oh, I believe they were 47.50 or so, maybe a buck less. That is good news, I was a bit disheartened being taken by my trust B&M. Thanks for the info! :D